1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Multistrada Errors: Engine

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Kenneth, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Maybe the wrong sensor was replaced? Since it can have an erratic behavior without showing a warning, it might have "cured" itself while the wrong sensor was replaced. It's an embarrassment...
    Did you/they keep the old one?

2. The MAP sensor hasnt been replaced yet as it wasnt in stock ....still waiting on its arrival while using the bike

2 weeks running with the warning light on...no problems
    warning light goes off......... bike wont run
    warning light comes back on.....bike runs fine

3. Oh sorry. Thought it was already done. I don't know if you've seen my story but it behaved exactly like that.
    I wouldn't ride it though. I was afraid I might put unnecessary strain on the engine. It sucks anyway

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

4. Where is the front map sensor?

5. Γεια σου φίλε μου,διάβασα το ποστ σου,μπορείς να μου δώσεις τα φώτα σου;Μια ανάβει και μια σβήσει το engine error και δεν ξέρω τι μπορεί να είναι;;

6. You might be better off asking your question in English. Or if you don’t speak English then I’d suggest a Greek forum.

Ίσως καλύτερα να κάνετε την ερώτησή σας στα Αγγλικά. Ή αν δεν μιλάτε αγγλικά, τότε θα πρότεινα ένα ελληνικό φόρουμ.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hello my friend I saw you post and I will able to say I have the same problem with error engine light.I turn on the motorcycle and the yellow light Turn on,after a few seconds disappear,after a few second turn on again.

8. Hi

I'm having exactly the same problem with mine (2013 MTS 1200S with only 6.000 miles) - went to a dealer this week, and he re-set it all - said now it would work.. started her up yesterday - same engine error again :-(
    Where is this sensor placed, and what is the sparepartnumber? - then I'll try to change it.. cannot get any worse than spending €200 on a re-set that helps nothing :-(

Thx

9. Hi, just seen this thread while searching as I have just had exactly the same errors engine problem on my 2014 1200 Multi. The bike started ok and seems to run ok but I have not taken her for a spin yet. The Yellow engine management light is on as well as Errors Engine. I also had a key Battery Low message but like a previous reply I don't think its connected.
    One weird thing though, when I pushed the red button down and then back up, the engine started automatically - maybe the start button is a bit sticky?
    I will go for a short spin tomorrow but any advice on what to do next?

IMG_1454.jpg

Do Not Sell My Personal Information