1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multistrada Gallery

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Rob, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Corners,
    Glad to hear the Multi's serving you well.The fractured top yoke reminds me of another Ducati I sold back in 1989, a Paso 906.
    On this occasion the fork leg fractured whilst the new owner was riding.He had the metallurgists analyse it.They found there was more air than metal in some areas.The incident made MCN at the time.
    Ducatis are massively better made today.

Bobby

2. Hi Andy, regarding the Mobiletron tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS).

I purchased it from Tyre-Track (www.tyre-track.net), who appear to the trading company for Mobiletron UK Limited, for their bike specific TPMS product.

There are two options for the sensors:
    Strap type - sensor block fitted on a strap around the rim, inside the the tyre
    Cap type - sensor screwed onto the value

I went for the lower cost strap option, as I didn't think the cap type would fit or be as secure. The strap type also gives more accurate temperature readings. The display unit is available in silver as well as black.

The cost, £99.00 inc. VAT (£10 extra for the cap type sensors), plus £5.00 P&P. Same price now as it was last July when I fitted the system at the same time as a pair of Michelin Pilot Road 3s.

It was delivered quickly. I had a question regarding orientation, which was answered in a couple of hours. The "Close Side" on the sensor is only applicable when used on cars.

I used 3M Dual Lock Fasterner Tape (similar to that supplied with the eSystem Scottoiler) to "stick" it on the handlebar clamp, which I sourced from Demon Tweeks (Motorsport, Motorcycle & Car Equipment, Accessories, Tuning & Clothing | Sparco, Alpinestars, Arai, Recaro, OMP - Demon Tweeks). It's powered from a switched fuse unit, which also powers the Scottoiler, an Autocom intercom system and the relay for a Stebel Magnum horn). It's a small 3 way fuse unit from Beaver Power. I put the TPMS and Scottoiler on the same fuse. The Scottoiler really needs to be directly connected to the battery, as you have to reset the reset the reservoir level and re-calibrate every time it powers up - I'll sort this one day.

As to the TPMS system, it displays both pressure and temperatures. There is no temperature compensation for the pressure reading, so it goes up with temperature. There are configurable alarms for high/low pressure and high temperature - a small red LED which is hard to see where I've got the display mounted. I can still set the display with a large Famsa tank bag, but not with the expansion section unzipped.

The reason I purchased the TPMS, was that I swap between solo and two up a lot, and didn't always remember to check the pressures with a gauge before setting off. The TPMS initialisation time is fast enough to check the pressures while warming up the engine before setting off. The accuracy is within a psi of the pencil type pressure gauges I use. It's not really possible to set the pressure with the TPMS as the refresh time on the reading is a bit slow, about 30 seconds. The temperature readings, and associated pressures, are interesting when on the move, especially this time of year as you notice how long it takes for the tyres to get any sort of heat in them. In the summer the back tyre gets nice and warm, over 65 Celsius. I've not had a puncture (yet), so can't comment on how useful it would be for anything other than a slow puncture.

Worth the money, for £99 I thought it was a bargain, even I have to buy it all again in 3 years time when the sensor batteries run out.

--
    Steve

• Like Like x 2
  3. half way through a 440kms spin last weekend, stopped for a photo opportunity in a restored forge building from the 1800s, the bike is where your horse would have stood to get new shoes! :)
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. You waiting on the mobile tyre fitter Mike? lol

Steve, thanks for the info.....great post :D

5. haha fed up of all this girly stuff from touretech, gonna get all the stuff for my multi made in a forge! :upyeah:

6. Hyperbob / Corners, That is a very nice 1000DS. As a previous 04 owner I can appreciate just how good it is! Hang onto it!

7. I found this one somewhat mooooving..........:redface:

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  8. Greetings to all forum members!

Name´s JP and I´m from Portugal and this is my Multi1200. This is my third Ducati and by far the best bike i´ve ridden in years =)

Just sharing some pics taken today to add to this amazing photo album showed by this thread.

Cheers!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  9. Wow, JMPTS1200 stunning, loving the gold wheels

10. Cheers Aztec. Hard work matching the color with the Ohlins :) But i´m pretty ok with it

11. nice bike, cool photos JP!:upyeah:

cracking day for a spin today, did 390kms on mostly back roads, stopped at Trim Castle for a photo, where the movie 'Braveheart' was filmed!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  12. Great Pic! stunning bike and one amazing background.

13. Hi again JP.....I said it already but what the hell....great looking bike and superb photography :D Welcome to the forum :)

Mike....you know what i'm going to say!....you have my email address :D

14. Andy have you got any measurements for this mod or how to do and how do they fair with wind noise turbulence etc.

15. The cut down screen?..........some info here :)blush: still not done the 'how to') and I do have some measurements somewhere, I'll try and get round to adding the missing info.

16. all this 1200 multis the beak needs a redesign ugly !!!

17. Yes, sorry Andy the screen mkII. If you have a measurement from the point at the bottom to the center top would be handy. How did you decide on the radius of the curve? Did you follow the inner brace? Does it solve buffeting/noise issues at all. Also agree with you sat nav position. Ive mounted my tom tom rider in the same place but above the bar clamp using the top two bolt holes and a custom made bracket and spacers. Spots are nice touch aswell.:upyeah:
    Cheers Budha

18. hello bob, how do you like your QD's ?
    i am having the full QD installed with a open loop power commander.
    i have requested the db killers installed and dyno tuned.

19. Bruce, one word....Brilliant - love 'em and I'm sure you will too - db killers are a necessity really! Couldn't fit the cats though - no space - meant the connecting mount wouldn't fit....Not sure I'd go with the PC though, you'd be better off having the ECU re-mapped by someone like Chris at CJS in Bristol

20. the fast black one..

IMG_1463 small.jpg

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information