1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Multistrada Handlebars

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by DarR, May 23, 2019.

1. I thought the same thing re height but after riding an extensive very loose gravel road where it was stand up or crash, you would not want the bars any lower. I am 183cm, which is 6’ for you old timers!:D

2. Many thanks! Will take a look at the width options...only need an inch off either side so hopefully they have another suitable pair. Take on board the 'controls' limitation and will definately get somoene to help!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yep, the traffic thing is an issue with the MS1200 DVT for me too - several inches wider than the monster 1200 (previous ride) which I found wide! I have looked at the LSL options and I like the look of the 'tour, medium rise' bar (780 width, 85 rise, 200 sweep) so I think they will work if your superbike ones have?

Guessing you can't simply remove all pins and just tighten down the throttle etc (old school way)?

4. I rode in heavy London traffic for years and TBH didn't really see it as a big problem, there were occasions when a couple of vans or SUVS mirrors would stop me getting through a gap but most of the time the bars were above normal car mirrors.

That said I did break a lot of hand guards so maybe I did have an issue :confused:...

5. From memory the split pins are for the mirrors mounting to stop them rotating, the throttle is a couple of 3mm ish screws into the bars, there's a couple of little flaps with the screws under on the throttle, the bar ends are the same, but you will need the special gizmo to slide the controls off, that's the last pair of holes for the little blocks.
    I hope that helps.

6. Many thanks!

7. Anyone have a picture of this special gizmo ?

8. Special gizmo is part 887134967 but you can easily make one. Its just a strip of metal or plastic about 4mm x 2mm with a tapered (in thickness) end to coax the locking catch away from the bar. I've mislaid mine or I'd have posted a pic but its very basic. You might even make do with a small ball-end allen-key.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hi I have a 1260s. The bike had risers fitted, i found it a very comfortable riding position, maybe just give it time and i'm sure you will grow to like the position. Have you changed from a sports bike.
    The only problem i have found is fitting Evotech hand guard protectors, they touch the screen and make it impossible to use the steering lock

10. Well they’re on , will give them a try in the morning .

IMG_2830.jpeg

11. Does anyone know the standard bolt size for the clamp without the risers please

12. M10x1.25x70

13. Thank you

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information