1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Multistrada Ignition Problem

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by John Bower, Mar 18, 2019.

1. There are 2 key related recalls. One replaces the entire fob, the other replaces some of the internal parts around the key pivot. Different model years, different issues.

2. Mine is a 2018 PP, I cant see that anything has been changed, unless it was just a software update..??

3. More than likely yours was the internal mod to the key pivot. It's internal changes.

4. So I shouldn't see a button inside the key..?

5. No, not on the 2018 key.

6. Is the recall work available to a bike out of warranty (2016 DVT) in the UK??

Last service was by a Honda dealership for what its worth, and the book stamped accordingly.

7. If the recall or tech update is applicable to your bike, then yes, it’s Can be done.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  8. Just entered my VIN and no recalls apply to it apparently. Have to say i've had no issues so far so all good. Oh, you'll not be surprised for me to say love the bike :cool:

9. So, when the new key is issued/programmed to the bike. Does the dealer keep the old key? Or do you get it back? If you still have it, will it still work?
    It would be useful to have for the fuel cap and seat.

10. The key part is removed from your old fob and attached to the new one.

11. Ok, many thanks.

12. I have a 2015 12000st and have recently received a notification from my dealer in Plymouth that there is a recall on KEY.
    It says, Recall Campaign outstanding- Active key replacement.
    Hope this helps.

13. Thanks Matt, I assume that's what's going to happen fingers crossed.

14. Entered my Vin number and it says no outstanding work needs to be done. U.S. bike, 2015 dvt. Of course I have fob problems.

15. Order yourself a blank 'dumb' key and then get it cut, that way you can use this to open the seat lock and full cap and never have to touch the smart key.

(I once left my smart key in the seat lock all day whilst the bike was parked in London!
    I also rode home with the key in the seat lock. Luckily it didn't fall out...)

16. Had text from M&S today asking to get in touch so they must have the part. Not sure when I'll get through to have it done. I'll update when complete.

17. I’m having my key updated on Monday, 1st April and a free ECU update,
    I’m into my 4thyr on my Multistrada 20000mls and no problems at all 4000mls holidays etc, have now had the Desmo service, yes it was expensive £1050 but the bike runs like an in-line four, feels fantastic, but other than an oil change that’s it other than tyres etc,

18. M&S did all the recalls and first annual service on mine on Tuesday, had to take the red key in, so despite the recall saying only the mechanicals needed to be changed they gave me a new key. Also the rear light rewire came too late for my right indicator, which had already suffered an ingress of water, they changed this during the service. Also highlighted the sticking exhaust flapper valve, which they freed, but I've got the Ducee fitted anyway, so it wasn't a problem. Great service from M&S

19. Pardon my ignorance but what is a Ducee

Do Not Sell My Personal Information