1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Multistrada Link App For 1260 S / Android

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Mr.Procam, Mar 27, 2018.

1. I'm still beta testing the Android version. The main issue I see currently is if you drop the gps signal for a second, the route line scattershots all over the county. The second issue is still some wonky lean angles that get recorded that make me look like Valentino Rossi.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Seems to work nicely with the 1260.
    2 trips with it so far and no issues.

359F480F-2483-4E1D-B216-3FDFE639805E.png

3. Seems like Ducati is really working on this. Version 1.1 released for IOS tonight.

4. used it this morning and after dinner, no problems at all.
    connects well, looks good, works great.

only thing I'm curious about is the extra battery drainage it has.
    I can remember the old app using loads of battery from my phone, hope it has improved.

just discovered that there already is an update to V1.1 in the App Store :upyeah:

5. I shall wait until it works with the 1200 DVT system, can’t afford the fancy dan 1260 just to get the app to work

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Received an email about the new app this morning and downloaded it. Will test it on way home.

Its GDPR compliant! And looks like a some bikes may need to be updated for the configurator to work. Will post more when I played with it!

7. just connected mine, not sure why it needs my contacts and photos, although it paired no problem the final connection took a few attempts, so far looks ok

8. I would think its for the sharing feature.

9. Can someone with the IOS version tell me if you can switch the units of measure to US or Imperial? The metric system is strange and scary to us over here.

10. Downloaded and installed Link app on android (Samsung S8). After installation connected to bike without problem, but the "bike settings" did not work and got message: "...you need to update your dashboard firmware...
    Today my dealer updated the dashboard sofware and after a short test all option working now - so looks like everithing ok, but the app is very uncertain and unstable... twice crash in 10 minutes... So this app unusable in this state... :(

11. i have a s8 as well, some odd things, it shows my mileage etc but no reports of last ride, i am beginning to wonder is it worth the effort

12. You shouldn't need to give access to either of those for it to work. No technical reason for requiring access. Were you able to block it and it still works?

13. This links to the "old" app that is for the MTS 1200. The "new" Ducati Link App that was annouced is not yet available for other than the 1260.

14. I would ot assume that. I have downloaded the "new" Ducati Link app to my S7 and, while it does run, it will NOT connect to the 1200 DVT. The Ducati Web site indicates "Coming Soon" for the 1200....

15. I have a 2017 MTS 1200s using iPhone 8 with latest IOS. I have tried many combinations to connect this app but it just sits and say wait a few seconds while the app connects. I have deleted the app and redownloaed it, I have in paired my phone from my bike and re-paired it. Nothing seams to work.

Anyone having issues?

16. It does say on the app that it’s just for the 1260 at the moment

17. I was surprised that the app will drain the battery of my Samsung S6 after a few hours with this app the battery is almost new. I think it need to be connected to USB constantly on the bike

18. Its due the the GPS running, you use an GPS app like waze etc it has a big battery impact, one option I use on trips is a gopro external battery pack and connect to the phone while i travel, this seems to maintain the battery with no problems and is slim enough for your pocket

19. Ahh.. thanks - I’m guessing Ducati wants this as a selling feature for the new 1260 and pushed it out quickly for that model first. I guess we will just have to wait. And to think I went to the dealer to put a deposit on a 1260 back in November and walked out with a 17 1200s. The deal was just too good to pass up.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information