1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Multistrada Link App For 1260 S / Android

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Mr.Procam, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Finally the app now at v1.2 iOS and allegedly now works with 1200 models, however a free Bluetooth module flash update is required as well.
    Android also updated too.

2. The app works pretty well on my 1260, the main issue I have is that when you initially connect, it disconnects and reconnects about 40 times before it stays connected. This is really a gigantic annoyance, and takes about 30 minutes before it decides to connect finally.

3. Anyone had the 1200 flashed yet? Is it a recent update or would my Jun registered 1200 already be compatible?

4. Not yet but hopefully when I pick mine up tomorrow it will be done.

The info on the iOS App Store says that Bluetooth needs updating for the 1200 models so I guess you will need it done

5. So I just picked up my bike and the computer says it’s all up to date but the app doesn’t see my dms. I checked the Bluetooth version and it’s still showing version 4.
    Can a 1260 owner have a look and tell me what version of Bluetooth is running on the bike , gives me something to go on I guess.

6. My MV Turismo had a similar app. Not too sure if I'll bother with this one either TBH. My GPS logs my routes if I want to retrace them and connecting to the bike would prevent my phone connecting to the Garmin which does more useful stuff like real-time weather radar and up to date speed camera locations. Everything else seems like bragging rights material and is of no real interest to me.

7. Am I the only one who can't get (much) further than the login page? By a slightly convoluted route (the Login link is too near the bottom of the screen to access, so I have to hit Register, then "That email address is already registered please go to the login page...") finally it takes me to My Profile. The only alternative is My Garage or the main website.
    There is no app?!!

8. My App stopped working
    Says update in App store, but it doesn't update!
    Didn't find it much use anyway, still poor from Ducati shouting how good it is on there website, then it doesn't work..

9. uninstall the MULTISTRADA LINK applicatioN, it does not work, and reinstall DUCATI LINK, it is different application

10. OK, I found what the problem is... I installed on an iPad for comparison (where it works fine)
    Although the app *says* it is iPhone 5 compatible, in reality the login button is positioned too near the bottom of the screen to access it. The work-around is to hit Register and when it recognises your email address (as being already registered) you can hit the "go to login page" link.
    And here's the real f@ck up: That link takes you to a *different* login page. It logs you into the My Ducati page (same as on the website), *not* the Ducati Link app page.
    Someone in the Development/Testing team needs to hang their head in shame. This is a fundamental functionality test. It's really not rocket science.

11. Done that, it now works thanks

Still crap though!

• Like Like x 1
  12. deleted the app; keeps crashing and not worth the hassle :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information