1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Multistrada S Head Lights

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by firecat0_0, Apr 9, 2019.

1. It is if they then crash into you because you blinded them !

2. I need to adjust mine down. My riding buddy leading my last tour complained he couldn't see past me to pull out...during the day!

Then again he's a moaning old bastard so I can probably ignore him.

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Adjusted mine downwards a 2nd time because the first attempt at doing this was still a little high. High beam is now better that most bikes out there which is satisfactory as far as I'm concerned. Had the girlfriend on the back a few nights ago and with the suspension adjusted to rider and pillion the lights were still acceptably level, maybe a smidge higher but not much. So impressed with that, was expecting it to be pointing at the stars again (she's slim but 6' tall).

4. I adjusted mine to min.....I no longer worry about aircraft trying to land on me and the oncoming traffic doesnt flash anymore so all is good !
    on a ride before this my mate described it as being like "Close Encounters of the 3rd kind" behind him ! :D

5. I only have one bulb working now so any light is a bonus!!

6. Could be worse PeterT, you could have only one brain cell working :thinkingface::blush:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I wondered about this as well for my previous bike.
    Although the Multi's headlights are the best I've had on any bike, having both the Low's and the High's on simultaneously would be beneficial. My Ducati tech once tried to achieve just that by jumping the relay on my 959 Panigale. It didn't work out. Perhaps these are different.

#27 DarR, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
  8. I thought they did do that ?
    I will investigate, see if a similar mod is achievable to the lead I make for the pre dvts.

• Like Like x 1
  9. My low beams definitely stay on with high beam. I checked yesterday in a shop window. (16 DVT)

10. I just checked my 1260 and they do not. Lows (on the outside) shuts-off when Highs (on the inside) turns-on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Interesting.
    I checked my 2018 Enduro last night too, which has full led headlights.
    Definitely I get the low beam stays activated as well, and that is the same regardless of whether pulling the flasher or switching to high beam.

So I would suggest we need a little fact finding exercise to determine which ones do and which ones dont.
    Please feel free to add to this list to fill in the blanks. I will make up a neater table when I get more results.
    Then I will know which ones to concentrate on.

Low Beam stays Activated when on full beam (European market):
    MTS1200 (including S) 2010 to 2012 - conventional halogen lamps - Dont (link cable fix available)
    MTS1200 (including S) 2013 to 2014 - led low beam only (I think) - Do

MTS1200 DVT 2015 to 2017 - led Hi and Low beam ?? - Do ??
    MTS1200 DVT S 2015 to 2017 - led Hi and Low beam - Do
    MTS1200 DVT Enduro 2016 to 2018 - led Hi and Low beam - Do

MTS1260 DVT 2018 to 2019 (now) - led Hi and Low beam ?? - Dont ??
    MTS1260 DVT S 2018 to 2019 (now) - led Hi and Low beam ?? - Dont ??
    MTS1260 DVT Enduro 2019 to 2019 (now) - led Hi and Low beam - Dont ??

MTS950 DVT 2017 to 2019 (now) - conventional halogen lamps - Dont ??

Low Beam stays Activated when on full beam (other markets):

MTS1200 DVT S 2015 to 2017 - led Hi and Low beam -
    Dont CANADA

#31 John W, May 17, 2019
    Last edited: May 17, 2019
  12. MTS1200 DVT S 2015 to 2017 - led Hi and Low beam - Do ?? YES!

13. I just wound the screw in clockwise a turn or so last night on my 2015 1200s to get the beam lower, cars on a night keep flashing me when im two up.

14. @John W
    It may be more elaborate than that as regional requirements and regulations are different.
    This is actually a sore spot for us guys here in North-America. European bikes have traditionally been equipped with leading-edge lighting. For example, my 2016 Monster 1200R has filament bulb turn signals while the same year model in Europe is equipped with LED's.

Another example of regulations just read states headlights in North-America must be either DOT or European ECE approved provided the beam pattern is designed for driving on the right. Japanese certification is not approved in N-A.

15. OK Dar, good point.
    When I get the results I will create separate column / table for USA. That also means I would need photos of the USA headlights and relays (if it has them).
    If the bikes have relay controlled halogen lamps then it's not a problem to get them both on at the same time.

16. I guess it depends on country. My 16 dvt did NOT activate both low and high at the same time

17. Added to the table.

Can you check please, if you pull the flash switch does the low beam stay on with the high beam then ?
    Do you have led or halogen headlights ?

18. I've looked at the wiring diagram for my 2018 enduro and the headlight is can-bus controlled. There is only one power feed. Any mod for this led light would therefore either need to be a can bus module or internal to the headlight. Or of course if the lights are physically the same, configure the bike as a European one ;)

@TaskMule can you take a picture of the wiring diagram in the back of your manual and send it me via pm please.

19. where is the adjustment? 17DVT

20. As DarR reported, my North American 1260S does not have both high and low beams on at the same time, either with the beam selector or the flasher.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information