1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1100 Multistrada To 1100?

Discussion in 'Scrambler' started by Lord Farquaad, May 25, 2020.

1. I'll probably start with upping the preload as nine times out of 10 my wife is riding pillion. She much prefers it to the monster

2. I had a standard suspension Multey years ago and it came incorrectly set up. Looking at the manual for my Scrambler, rebound and compression are set right but rebound seems incorrect on the rear (only 8mm) and I can’t work our the front (it suggest a visible amount but I can’t see what moves when you wind it on/off).
    God loves an Italian thoroughbred.

3. For me an interesting thread as my 1100 Sport Pro will be ready to collect in the last week of this month from Cambridge. Keeping my Multi for longer trips. Had a test ride on a 2019 1100 Scrambler and was sold!
    Decided on full commitment so Full Termi -as a reasonable deal to allow this.
    Loved the look of the Scuderia edition - tank in dark blue- so will be interested in others if they decide to try and copy.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Until now the 1100 range has been a bit dull. I genuinely think the latest editions are moving it in the right direction.

5. What on earth possessed them to use that unrelieved, slab sided, red seat ? Agree on the tank though, lovely blue. Andy

6. #46 Lord Farquaad, Jul 13, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Those frame Bungs look spot on. Very unobtrusive compared to the official or mugello Moto ones which I feel are a bit OTT.

I agree about the red seat on the club Italia. So I'm thinking of going for that blue on the tank, but either going for just a black border rather than red around the tank cheeks. Or go for a white border there and white central pin stripe above.

Still early days though. So will wait and see how I feel by the winter. There's a thread on here by someone who had his 1100 special tank painted in blue with some diagonal white stripes matching the frame angle. Looks really nice.

I like the look of these too[​IMG] https://images.app.goo.gl/ZLFsUZwR9bcWUCeg7

8. I’d highly recommend getting the suspension set up properly. I’m 67kg plus riding kit. The front wasn’t too bad, got more compression and rebound, but the rear needed way more preload. Now it’s much plusher but better front end feel.
    It’s planted, compliant and sharp.

9C666FFB-94AD-49FB-985C-6ED39BFEA9F8.jpeg

9. Thanks Lord F. If you needed more preload I definitely will too as I'm a little heavier than you AND regularly carry a pillion.

Can I ask how much it cost to get the suspension set up with the company in the background. I will need to find someone local to me

10. Had the Ohlins on my Pikes Peak Multi set up by FTR Suspension in Essex -£60. Interested what others paid. Really pleased with end result. Picking up my Scrambler this morning so will be visiting them again!

11. A very reasonable £45

12. Managed to wangle a test ride on an 1100 today (non sport). Blimey that thing is arm wrenching! Lovely ride. The only thing that worries me is that I’m a fat old guy and I feel and look very big on it. Wife says I look like Uncle Fester! Gotta have a think.

13. I’m having a blast on mine. Plenty of handling, style and overtake omph. No it’s not ultimately as fast as a Multistrada, but who cares when it’s this much fun?

3B922728-BA1F-4B3C-AC3D-E519A1BA6977.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  14. Dammit. I’ve bitten the bullet and put a deposit on an 1100 Pro (not the sport model). It was indeed good fun to ride. But just learned that there’s no Abba Stand adapters for it! Bah!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Interesting. And I didn’t know that forum existed so thank you. Not sure what to do now as I’d written to Abba and they flat out told me that they didn’t make anything that would fit and had no plans to start making one. I think I’ll try and contact the fella on the forum.

16. I think they’ve been burned and now can’t offer the 1100 kit in case it doesn’t work.
    I’ve been left thinking of buying a paddock stand/bobbins combo. But haven’t yet committed.

Regardless, congratulations on the new bike. Pictures and bins when you can.....

17. Thanks. Hoping to collect it in a few weeks. Ordered the Active Kit to go with it.

18. Know anyone with a lathe? Easy enough to make a couple of adaptors....

19. Ah, so now after 5 years you lot have decided Scramblers are OK? Told you so... :p

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information