1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multistrada Tyres

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Dorsetdave, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Hi All just gone through my first set of tyres on my 2016 Multi. Not sure what to get next, I am not into track days or ultra fast riding and want to get a bit of mileage out of them.
    Someone recommended Mitchelin pilot 4s are they ok? Would like some thoughts please

2. The 4 is good I had a few sets on other bikes, the 5 is supposed to be better, just today fitted some Bridgestone T31 to my Multistrada and they feel great, but that could be the new tyre syndrome.

You pays your money and takes your chance, a lot of choice out there.

3. Very pleased with the current set of Metzeler Roadtec 01s. Having been shagging 3 sets of M7RRs a year, I needed something with a longer life and still able to ride enthusiastically and the 01s haven't disappointed. Andy

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. I'm one of the few that didn't like the Michelins. I just didn't like the way they felt, especially in the wet or if there was an debris on the road. I thought Dunlop Roadsmart 3s felt way better, and are supposed to get similar mileage. That's what I'll put on my bike next, and I'd like to try Avons on the set after that just to see. I'm done with the Michelins after 2 sets (PR3 and PR4)...both were disappointing to me. YMMV.

5. Technically to answer the tyre question I will need you to supply me with this saturdays winning lottery numbers, then I will purchase you a set of every tyre mentioned for you to try.

Simples.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Like Alan, I tried the Bridgestones on my Multi, very good but the rear was down to feck all after 2000 miles.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Bridgestones don’t last. 3000 miles out of last rear.

Not keen on Michelins.

Changed to Avon’s. Like them so far and hope they last better. Picked up F & R for £144 :upyeah:

I have a 2014 Multi

8. I've switched to Conti Road Attack 3s on my KTM 1190. Was using Roadtec 01s but only getting 3000 miles from the rear. My first set of Conti RA3s have just just racked up 4750 miles and there's still 2/300 miles left in the rear.
    They have 7.5 mm of tread depth to start with whereas the Roadtecs seem pretty shallow in comparison. The contis aren't any cheaper but you get your money's worth.

Performance wise I can't fault them. Dry grip is superb and wet grip is street ahead of the old Road Attack 2s which weren't much of a wet weather tyre. Tried the 3s in some very wet weather recently and they were rock solid. Feedback wet and dry is extremely good and the front tyre though slightly slower to urn than the Metzelers feels like its glued to the road. Stability is brilliant. If Roadtecs do have the edge in wet grip I wasn't able to exploit it in some fairly vigorous riding.
    The Contis are less prone to flatting off too. The one area where the Roadtecs win is the ride quality. Its not that the Contis are bad, just the the roadtecs are exceptional in that department. I would think the RA3s would be ideal on the Multi.
    I'd have them over PR4s all day long.

9. i'll be fitting metzler tourance, they were brilliant on my bmw gsa and my 939 hyper sp

10. I'm now on a mix of PR5 front and PR4 rear. Noticed a slight weave at mumble…mumble…mumble mph at the weekend, something I've never had before, so will pass judgement once I've got the rear to PR5 as well. I will say though that the PR5 front gives a lot more confidence on turn-in than PR3 or PR4. I'd always preferred the fast but progressive turn-in and edge grip of the Diablo Rossos before but, as I was getting through a set in 1100 miles, that was becoming an expensive and annoying habit.

11. I found Multi's to weave at 120 plus no matter what tyre was fitted. Part of their "character" Ducati say. :worried:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. So did I, and it got worse at around 150mph.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Metzeler Z8s.

Good mileage, fantastic in the dry and still very good in the wet. Got 4500 miles from the rear.

And exceptional value too.

14. Strange - I've been on my 2010 from new and have never had a weave before, even two up+panniers. Might be just a combo of a new front and slightly squared rear. No biggie, and this machine is still hilarious, especially for pissing off sports bikes on twisty highland roads.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Thank feck I don't do over 70. :(

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Had Pilot Power 2ct on the front, and a PR4 on the rear when I bought my bike. Got a puncture in the rear so swapped for a part worn Angel GT for a few months. Fitted brand new Scorpio Trail 2's today, as the front was worn, so I'll see how they are. Was going to get Avons if I didn't get the trail 2's though

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  17. After 5600 miles I changed my OE Scorpion 2s for Road 5s. They’re a definite improvement in dry grip and corner speed. Haven’t had a proper wet ride yet but they’re on offer currently with £30 back off fitting. The set was £264 fitted for me in Liverpool.
    I’ve always liked Pirellis but these are certainly an improvement over the OEs.

18. I've put a pair of Diablo Rosso IIIs on mine.

Very happy with them, but I don't think I'm going to get big mileage out of the rear.

19. Same here. Bike feels more planted. Got mine at Bike tyres Leeds £ 253 & £30 cash back. Don,t regret the move from Trail 2,s. Rep says they are made to last a lot longer than earlier pilot roads. Will see. Done 1000 so far & still look new.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Just an input on Road 5's - they are soft and grippy and as good in the wet as the PR4 (IMO). I had them on my 1260 from new so they had 2K miles of light use then some hard use on a couple of trips.
    Front swapped out as illegal at 5.1k miles
    Rear just made it home (just legal) and swapped out at 6K miles
    They do wear quickly! Front especially after it is about 2/3rds worn

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information