1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Multistrada Tyres

Discussion in 'Tyres' started by Dorsetdave, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Try 34 front and 38 rear if you are just solo then +2 for luggage.

2. Really? I have always run 42 PSI front & rear as directed by Duc when loaded with luggage!
    TBH, I thought it was a bit high - but never felt it needed dropping. :confused:

• WTF WTF x 1
  3. No, I have never experienced the high speed weave that is talked about. I suspect that would be more to do with aerodynamic than tyres. I use an mra screen with spacers, works for me. Aerodynamics is a “dark art” and as such is totally different for each & every individual but should not be affected by which brand of tyres are fitted, which brings us back to the “all in the mind” games again!
    The bottom line I think is, all tyres are brilliant (except Bridgestone, see previous post) and as such, it really is down to personal preferences which has to include the cost as well. With Avon 3Ds I like the fact, that in my experience, they are roughly (give or take) half the price of Michelins and give twice the mileage, whilst still delivering the wet/dry grip, feedback etc etc - I would cover 10K + Miles per year, so for me that is a big deal.

4. If you think Bridgstone were crap try Barum ones @cabrand :astonished:

5. I do a similar mileage, so looking at the wear rate quoted on here for most tyres I would be looking at least 2 sets per year. That's why I'm considering the Avons. I also have an MRA with spacers which is the best screen set up I have found. I agree that all modern tyres (even Bridgestones) are excellent so it comes down to personal preference and cost.

6. Another vote for Michelin Road 5, did 3900 miles on the scorpions (on a 1260s) they were OK, back tyre was worn out! IMG-20180825-WA0010.jpeg Have swapped to Road 5, was out this morning for about 200 miles in Welsh valleys, 4 Deg at one point...Brrrr! the Road 5 are planted. The soft edges can be seen in the photo. Hopefully week after next week will rub the edges off! Swis alps, Nice, then down to Pyrenees and up other side of France to Cherbourg

• Like Like x 1
  7. I managed to sort out the high speed weave. Would you believe it was a slack chain. Tightened it up and weave went away

8. Will be what I'll be fitting to my 1260 after the Scorpions are shot.

9. IMG_20180806_195829~4.jpg Road 5s also fitted to mine, I'm finding them to be an excellent choice

#49 MTS46, Aug 26, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  10. Any photos of worn rear road 5s??

11. Road 5 with about 1300 miles now. It has just done the Furka and Grimsel Passes, it's looking good!
    I think I need some sand paper to take the edges off and make it look good!

20180903_153457.jpg

12. I have always preferred the Pirelli Angel GT's on mine and the rears last well despite a lot of commuting they didnt square off badly either. Normally i get about 5-6000 out of a rear one of those while the Bridgestone T30's i fitted for my Norway tour only lasted half the trip and were shagged after 3000 miles so wont use them again

Fitted a new rear Angel GT on Friday that should have lasted me till next summer.....then wrote the bike off on Sunday :D

As for the weave i found it weaved at about 130 with the top box fitted, take the box off and its fine :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. I’ve gone with 42 rear (as per your post) and 36 front. It’s seems to be the way forward, thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  14. I run mine at 36F and 42R all the time

• Like Like x 1
  15. I've just replaced the Metzeler Roadtec 01s on my Multi, after only 5300 miles. They performed brilliantly, giving a more planted feel than the Scorpion Trails they replaced. However, although they appeared to have plenty of tread left they had been flattened by a long and boring ride to the Pyrenees and had become a bit twitchy...I'm not sure if I could have brought them back (perhaps on a track) but I plumped for a set of Road 5s instead. It's too early to know how these will perform for me, but my initial impression is that they don't turn in a quickly as the Metzelers.
    Fitters advised pressures of 36 / 42.

16. I like the Angel GTs (2,000 miles Front, 1800 on rear.). Metzler M7RR(2,000 Front, 1000 rear), Bridgestone S21s same wear as the M7RR.
    The S21s are my favorite so far, Then the Metzler's.

This pic is a worn out S21 rear at 1,200 miles, it was at the wear bars at 1k miles.

C4ECD1A3-8D57-465C-8B95-C2CB76FA26E3.jpeg

17. Can you get to the edge of rear tyres on a multi without touching pegs etc? I know the stock scorpion trail is easy to wear off the edge but what about other tyres? Different profile etc

18. Yes without touching pegs, even riding 2up but it took getting a heavier shock spring.

The tires I mentioned the M7RR has the sharpest profile but all of those tires take more effort to get to the edge vs the Scorpion Trail.

#58 2upDucati, Sep 6, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  19. What tyres?? I was surprised to get to the edge of the stick rear within the first 100 miles, now concerned il ride off the rear tyre edge

20. Angel GTs, M7RR and S21

Do Not Sell My Personal Information