1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Multistrada, Unknown Mileage

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Captain Roger Over, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Morning folks...

I'm after a bit of advice.

Rightly or wrongly, I picked up a 2010 Multistrada 1200s for peanuts just over 2 years ago, it's history was sketchy and had either an undocumented odometer replacement or odometer failure at some point, so the mileage was unknown.

I've maintained it well, and ridden it pretty much every day since without it ever letting me down. I estimate the mileage to be about 35k now based on the history available and some guess work.

I'm half heartedly considering changing it rather than put it through another winter doing the daily commute. But, I've no idea where to price it.

Should I just be grateful to get anything for it, would it be considered completely untouchable at that age with an unverifiable mileage? Or am I being too pessimistic?

I'd be interested in any opinions on it. If you can avoid calling me a tool for buying it in the first place, that would be appreciated :)

Cheers!

2. A bag of wotsits.... not sure what size or how many are in there.... I'm guessing about 35 or so as I wasn't very hungry when I opened the bag.
    [​IMG]

3. Right. Interesting metaphor.

It's worthless then. Wanna swap those wotsits for it?

4. My 2010 odometer reset itself on my first ride home from the dealer. I picked it up second hand with 6900 miles on the clock. Rode it home and about 10 miles into the journey the mileage reset. Thought I’d pressed a wrong button so ignored it. It then started asking me to take it in for its first service.

All the dealer did was write a note in the book to say clocks had been changed (which they hadn’t). I could have done that myself.

Early 2010’s are going for sill cheap money now anyway. Sub £7k for less mileage and accurate history. If it owes you nothing, id run it until it dies and touch wood nothing goes wrong.

5. if it's cheap enough i might want it

6. I sold my 2010 with panniers and a full Termi system and 41,000 miles for £5,600 but I'd had it 4 1/2 years, done 27,000 miles on it and only paid £7,500 without the panniers. So I think I did OK.

7. Everything has some value. I bet if you price it right on fleebay it will sell quickly. Just remember theres a lot of folk who dream of owning one, but have not the funds to buy. I sell bikes & I have never not sold one. They all go for the right money. Hang on got a glasses guide here. 2010 1200s. with 15000 miles is retail £7700. bottom book trade in £5775. So with unknown mileage as long as bike is in good nick & engine / box are ok. You should pull low 5s I cannot ever see one going into 4s yet. They only came out in 2010. They were priced at £14295.00

8. The best trade in I was offered was £3,700

9. Yes but what would they sell it for. £3700 absolute joke. But hey dealers. Sheepskin jackets come at a price.

10. I would say that would indeed sell if you price it right at somewhere between early to mid 5's due to lack of history. I reckon if you price that at £5295, you would sell reasonably quickly at circa 5k ?? :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Bang on the money Wayne.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks stevo, I posted then just read the entire thread, sorry to steal your thunder :p was not intended :upyeah:

13. Bang on the money Wayne. Hey at least we both agree

• Like Like x 1
  14. Just traded my '10 plate S at 30k miles, got £6,500 but if you disregard the £1k the dealers 'throw at you' anyway, whether by discount of accessories or whatnot, it was really £5,500?

15. The £3.7K was without the panniers and Termi which I could possibly have sold separately for maybe £800-£900. They openly said that they'd be looking to sell it for £5K.

16. When I bought my present 2017 1200s. I had a 2016 z1000sx with full touring kit. 3000 miles. They gave me 7 grand for it. 2 days later it was for sale at another dealers for 8.5 grand. So see where your coming from.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information