1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Multistrada V4s Recall - Engine Replacement

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by johnny, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Well Test ride done, order placed collection Saturday ! whopee

• Like Like x 2
  2. With or without the spare motor?

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Seriously it’s an engine swap not a rebuild I’d be much more concerned about a rebuild, it’s like for like replacement....if your chain or tyre goes at 90 I hate to say it but you is also fooked.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Whats a Motor?

5. Engine. Motors are electric.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Now I am lost ! ...this is the pendal version !

7. I.C.E. actually.
    Glad I could help:cool:

8. What?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I think he meant the Kendal mint cake version - it's what they made the valve guides out of ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. I knew Swindon were bad, issues included a loose oil filter after a service on my 675 which resulted in oil all over the back tyre, and a chain that was over tighten to a point you could play a tune on it. But I stupidly decided to give Abingdon a chance having liked their friendliness and willingness to just let me have the demo as long as I wanted etc. I will never do this again... massive error, to anyone looking at taking a bike back there for warranty work as serious as this, well, be warned.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I was chatting to the technician at Pro Twins on Saturday. He said they had three engines to swap out of the bikes they had sold and had already done one. (Not sure how many but the sales dept said they had already sold ‘a lot’.) He said the other two owners were still riding their bikes as there was no safety issues.

According to him the problem came to light on one of the Ducati test bikes during an oil change. He said this was a bike that had done significant mileage and ridden hard.

Not sure how this fits with other narratives that are out there...

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Not all bikes are affected. There are two different suppliers of valve guides, so I was told, and only one has come up short.

13. So, I picked up my bike on Friday. Techs reset the radar as per Ducati instructions, which caused an error. Turns out you don't actually need to reset the radar, so they returned it to the default settings and all works fine. Put almost 300 miles on it over the weekend....all faultless. I might be imagining it, but the fuel comsumption seems better. Running it in, but dash shows original miles, so advised to put 900 on it before first service. Might go for touring screen as a bit tall for the stock screen at highest setting. The bike is very comfortable, so could actually go longer than tank range, but not a problem. Bladder range about the same as tank, so handy. No regrets at all and great service from Ducati Aylesbury.

• Like Like x 5
  14. Picked mine up Saturday - great weather for it. Just about got all the tech set up now along with the GPS which has connection ready in the nose cone.
    Played with the setting too and experimented, it may be that I prefer the full throttle engine setting and the single rider over the auto…time shall tell.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Between Ducati Uk and Abingdon Blade I eventually got some answers in regard to engine replacement and level of compensation. Either a loan bike or £1500 compensation towards accessories plus first two services free, gone for compensation.
    Then right out the blue Blade contact me and tell me that my replacement engine has arrived, all booked in for next week fingers crossed this goes to plan.
    Over the weekend I discovered that my brake light is permanently on, so courtesy of Ducati assist, my bike has gone back to Blade early just in case any parts need ordering.

Anyone else experienced issues with their brake light ? :weary_face:

16. Astonishing Turnaround from MotoRapido
    Rapido indeed - they picked up my MTS V4S yesterday 09.30 for the engine swap and returned it TODAY, 24 hrs later all done!
    Yes these guys know their stuff and can change a race motor in 'minutes' as those are optimsed as such but a new road machine like this as we all know is a fiddly beast - I for one am impressed - Thank you MoRap

I am confident Ducati will get around to the compensation for these three weeks '0ff road' et al but for now this dealer has certainly stepped up - well done - now to run in ......... again :/

• Like Like x 11
  17. Good feedback so far guys!

18. My brake light was also sticking on, it was the rear brake lever not returning smoothly, removed and re greased at 1st service, now works perfectly

19. Just spoke to my local dealer re V4 Mutley test ride. Not till end of May will it be available :(
    Test ride of KTM1290SA booked for this Saturday.

• Like Like x 2
  20. So if you have an engine change is the dealer sorting the changed numbers out with DVLA or is the owner expected to do it?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information