1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Multistrada Zumo 590 - Fitting With Navi But Where Did You Hide All The Wires!!

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by DTN, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Same here!!

2. Finally fitted the Sat Nav with the Navi mount and must say connected up looks nice and smart. Have wired the cables down alongside the dash and along the existing wires so will see tomorrow if it gets in the way of anything whilst I go for a much deserved ride! Well fingers crossed anyway!

3. I wasn't prepared to dismantle the whole of the top fairing to make this a really neat job.

The most annoying thing is not being able to route the wires down the back on the navihalter and clocks, I finally got them looking not too bad running down the side but had to allow enough slack for the screen adjustment.

There is a tiny hole under the clocks, but the Garmin cradle has too many wires to get them through. I tucked them under the black plastic panel in the upper fairing as I could hide them better than going through the steering head.

Like others I managed to coil up the spare cables and hide them in the gap in the panels on the LH side.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Please excuse me hijacking this thread (a bit) but I'm looking to fit a 590lm soon with the Navihalter, but need a bit of help (see below)
    I'd really appreciate this information.

Has anyone using a Garmin 590LM with a Navihalter bracket on a 2013+ Mutley?

if so, I would be grateful if you could take a measurement for me, so I can ensure that the Garmin unit is not poking over the top of my modified (cut down) screen.

I need to know the dimension from the top of the bracket (where the three fixing holes are) to the top edge of the Garmin unit/mount at it's highest point. Also the width of a 590LM would be great.

I don't have one yet so I cant measure it myself. May hold on for the 595LM.
    Please see my my highly detailed CAD drawing for the info on the dimension I need :blush:

Thanks in advance

Deaks

image.jpeg

5. I have a 2015 dvt model so not sure I can help. That said there are folk on this forum who have fitted the sat Nav to pp models which basically have no screen at all and managed to hide it.
    As for the 590 it's a great piece of kit. I'm barely touching the service of what it can do and love it. I personally find it quiet easy to navigate which some people have complained about. Can't wait to try find me a route when I'm next off without the wife and boy!

6. Sorry I have a Zumo 660 at the moment, thinking of an upgrade as well

7. Hi, just got a DVT and am looking to install a sat nav on a ducati/Navihalter type mount. I am looking to get the Zumo 395LM sat nav, which unlike the 590/595 appears to come with just one wire to be threaded up to the mount from the power connector on the LHS of the fairing. Does anyone have any experience of fitting this unit and effectively concealing the cables? can they be routed behind the instrument panel, the gap seems tight but with just one cable is it possible? Any pics of installs would be appreciated.
    Mark

8. I cut the cable loom back to just 12V power feed and took care to insulate all the other wires from each other.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. For a super neat job, just follow the instructions from this chap on AdVRIDER:-
    Garmin Zumo 590 Cradle butchery - The How-To | Adventure Rider

I'm using an Autocom system so most of the wires are needed in my installation.

HTH

Deaks :)

10. Did that for my 590 on the Turismo; opening the mount and snipping all but the power wires. However, I retained the original Garmin cable cutting it short and using only the + and - on a right angled Hella accessory plug. Works great so long as your connection to the GPS is to a Bluetooth headset or Autocom BT dongle. Removes the huge bundle of spaghetti at the end of the Garmin loom.

As said above, spare mounts with the loom are available should you ever need to revert.

11. The 590 cable will tuck neatly behind the clocks and run round to the left hand side, just leave enough slack for screen adjustment, it has stayed there on mine quite happily so far (2000 miles) then I followed the wiring loom to the Ducati cable under the side of the fairing and just coiled any remaining lead using cable ties and tucked it all away. Stripping the lead seems a bit drastic, as its all inside the one sheath albeit a fairly thick one?
    The problem I found with the 590 is that it flaps about on the mount due to it's size/weight. I have a touratech locking mount on mine which won't help, but the only mount I've found which copes with it is the Palmer products screen adjuster with an accessory mounting bar.
    It's not to everyones taste because it moves the screen position, but at least I'm not worried about metal fatigue.

Chris

12. To be honest for a really neat job you have to take the tank off. Coiled excess on the left side of the steering head in a way that I can change the fuse if need be and continued along the bikes wiring loom to terminate the USB connector under the passenger seat so as to hardware the phone to the gps.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information