1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Mutley 1260s Test Ride Review

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Wayne58, May 15, 2018.

1. Stop showing off :upyeah::upyeah::upyeah::upyeah::upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:................:upyeah:

Nice write up Wayne, appreciate your opinion.
    On the short blat I had on one, about the only major thing I noticed was the ability to pull a taller gear, couldn't tell you anything about the handling or top end'ish as we weren't allowed to go there :mad:
    Didn't even notice it had self cancelling indicators, how are they programmed, it's one thing I'd rather have than a quick shifter as my memory is shocking :worried:, I think their supposed to be on the DVT, but only if your going slow enough ?
    After reading your report, I've decided not to part with a huge amount of money just to change, and to use it to buy another bike extra petrol :upyeah:
    Once again a excellent write up, well done Wayne.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Morning Gareth and thanks for the kind words. Hope the sun is still shining down in Spain ? Appreciate your comments mate, but would still recommend you take one out. These are only my personal observations and you may find it to be a bike, thats on another planet and you love it?? Give it a go mate, it costs you nothing to try eh ? Enjoy the rest of your hols mate :sun::)

3. Thanks for an excellent review and comparison with your 1200 DVT. I have found the evolving Multistrada getting more accomplished and better equipped but IMO lacking the raw excitement I get from my old 2010 which is considerably lighter and has a very satisfying power delivery (albeit grumpy!). Early write ups were suggesting the 1260 might be the one to tempt me to change so you may have perhaps saved me some £'s ;) Maybe the V4 in 2 years:upyeah:
    PS I went the 2nd bike route (complete contrast)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Morning Kirk, as I said to others, really do appreciate the comments, but would recommend you try one, these are only my observations, where as someone else may find the bike to be sliced bread ?? Cheers
    Wayne

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wayne ,
    Do you have a system on your DVT , just wondered if the additional mid range pull is similar to how the DVT was with the Termi system , or is it significantly different ?
    Thx

6. I'm from Wales mun, don't do sun, I'm sitting here drinking and eating forcing myself to smile, when my natural state is miserable :confused:

Ok Wayne, I'll give it some thought. :upyeah:

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Morning Bob, I don't have a system on my bike, just the stock exhaust with the daft flapper valve drilled out. Sorry, but I can't help you there.

8. I'm feeling your pain mate, it must be terrible for you ?? :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. @tobers may be able to give you an opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Good accurate report Wayne

I upgraded from my 2010, and I loved that raw power delivery the bike gave

But I love the 1260 even more, even though its a different animal than the 1st gen bikes, much smoother and easier to ride, but a step in the right direction in my mind

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thanks mate, and glad you're enjoying the bike. :upyeah:

12. Top review Wayne, will have to give one a go. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Self cancelling indicators work on the lean angle, slow turn no lean - no cancel, same for overtakes, lane changes etc. But make a turn and lean the bike over and they cancel when the bike is upright again (assuming you did indicate!) - very clever, not sure if they time out or not - never left them on that long.

14. I thought on the DVT Veeetwin, they only worked below 30mph ?
    But they don't time or distance out, well they ain't with me anyway, which to me makes more sense than lean angles.

15. Good write up Wayne. :upyeah:;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. @Wayne58
    Great write up, and as you say, such a shame they didn't add that little bit of red.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thanks mate, and I agree, a bit crap making folk buy the PP if they want a red frame.

18. Don't think they've ever self cancelled on my dvt? But they defo did on the 1260.

19. @Wayne58 expect a visit from Ducati Sales reps
    ducati sales team redundancies due to down turn in 1260 sales, unconfirmed reports indicate a 1200 dvt vigilante is their most likely culprit:)

• Funny Funny x 2
  20. :D:joy::upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information