1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale My 2000 748r - £7000 Ono

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by TelRobinson, May 9, 2019.

1. They look like open stainless to me, the original exhausts were full of baffles and crap like that.

• Like Like x 1
  2. That’s my mates old bike! I’ve done as many miles on it as he did and we both regretted letting it go!

• Like Like x 2
  3. AFE591EE-423D-49D3-AAE2-B81132AF60F1.jpeg 96461582-C444-4A46-BDC4-7067463B9C70.jpeg
    I don’t think there’s any baffles in this and they’re clearly stainless, so not sure what they’re from. But the code apparently refers to 996 cans, absolutely no idea lol

4. Could be US cans they had all sorts of legal crap, I'm only guessing though. They are definatly not the originals .

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Were the originals satin silver with baffles in the exhaust? I haven't seen any other stainless ones, i'm not in to all the blingy stuff so took them off as soon as I got the bike :blush:

6. How much of an ass pain to ship it to the states?

7. I’m not overly sure, but I can have a look into it.

What part of the States are you in Jim?

8. According to his profile (if you click on it to check)..................San Diego.

• Like Like x 1
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  9. Doh! Cheers mate! Just looking at costs now

• Like Like x 1
  10. While I was having a look over the bike this week, i noticed a small crack in the speedometer glass. So the speedo has been sent away today to have the glass/bezel replaced

• Like Like x 2
  11. Did you sell this Tel?

12. I didn’t mate. Not one single phone call/message apart from one in the US.

It’s doing no harm with me riding it every now and then, plus it’s just had fresh paint :)

It’s up with Mike at the moment having an MOT and oil/filter change, so hopefully back out to get some more miles on soon enough

• Like Like x 1
  13. I need to see Mike to fix his tyre machine.
    Been there twice but wasnt there.
    Keep the bike mate :upyeah:

14. Yeah I’ve had a blast on it the last few times I’ve been out. Forgot I still had it for sale

He’s cut his hours now, so only doing Tuesday to Friday now

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. That is a lot of bike for the money....
    Do not know why but it seems the modern classic market is struggling now....the net is flooded with bikes.

16. To be honest, I only half heartedly advertised it here and on the Kent Ducati Facebook page and that’s it!

There are a few R’s on eBay at the moment, a couple demanding ridiculous amounts and a couple at around 7/8k.

Until Andy replied on here today, I forgot I still had the ad up lol

Since this thread, I’ve bought a fair bit more carbon fibre, had the fairings painted, fitted a Oberon clutch master, new brake and clutch lines and now away having oil/filter change and MOT.

I’d love an 899 Panigale, but until values settle on the R’s or the Mrs stops spending my money, I’ll have to wait :)

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information