1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 My 2000 748r Purchase

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by everclear, Jan 8, 2019.

1. It's a bargain, he best hurry up as it's the last one, his attention to detail is a bit lawyerish :eyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. I've been trying to get my workshop benches back in place, you sure 1 is still available?

3. It was there waiting for you - but went since, did you get it? :thinkingface:

4. Is this something to do with reading forums on a smart phone? Seems to be something that is occurring more and more on this site too. I think the trick must be to post as few words as possible!

#24 Denzil the Ducati, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
  5. Had to exhaust all free download sources in the universe first. Then a workaround on the postage. Then *buy*.

We're a bit crafty :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  6. I nearly bought it myself to tease you :bucktooth:

7. There would have been trouble in paradise ... :broken_heart:

8. It would have been soooo funny. why didn't I click :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. @Denzil the Ducati Thanks for the tip-off on the ebay item for the MY2000 748R manual :upyeah::upyeah::upyeah:

10. That's all right Evergreen, have to say I was wondering if you had read all my post yesterday (#16) which had that link in it. There was always the Japanese English as an alternate too. Hope the bike proves to be a good un and make sure you get bike fit before you start to properly assess its qualities. These bikes take a month or more of regular riding to get the right core, shoulder and arm strength and really need quiet a lot of input to drive them hard. If you don't ride them very regularly you don't get that conditioning and the bike cannot really be appreciated without it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. My regular ride is a 1098S. This bike is unregistered and has been sitting in a shed for 3 years. I am in no great hurry to get it back on the road - rather I would like to go over it carefully and carry out maintenance and repairs that I have the capacity to perform. So at the outset it is really a project - as to riding it, I have an ex-race background (if interested see my relevant user album) of some time ago, so when the time comes I look forward to putting it through its paces.

12. Nice bike.....I had one the same, wish I never sold it!

• Like Like x 2
  13. They are magic on the track....great chassis, thrash the engine and you feel like you are a racing god.....it's good not to have so much power and really ride the bollocks off of it!

• Like Like x 1
  14. **Update**

The bike is in a truck somewhere on the Nullarbor. Yes, I can track a $20 book from the eastern states from point to point but "my precious" is just out there on it's way. At this stage time of arrival is Thursday night WST. Of course to be delivered to my address (which was the consignment contract, the bike not being registered) on Friday it must arrive at the depot by 4pm Thursday. Otherwise it spends the weekend at their depot. I am going to try and organise a workaround for this. Meanwhile, the welcoming committee is setup as part of a redo for my mancave for both bikes.

Shot from rear.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  15. Although on a positive note a box arrived containing the Anderson Stand, a trickle charger, bike cover and folder with original documentation as to ownership records held by the seller from previous owners plus a printout of the MY2000 service manual.

These items were not a part of negotiations, they were just thrown in when the owner learned that I (like him) was a Ducati fan and that the bike was going to a good home. :)

( IMG20190115234856.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. Nice, but you should have been asking for all this during the deal :thinkingface:

17. Tut, tut ... your memory is going.:astonished: The son of seller is a member of my FB Group, his Dad knew he would not ride again. Put it on market , changed his mind, took it off, it was all a very cotton gloves negotiation over a couple of months where son gradually introduced me through posts on my FB group as an enthusiast and not a young prat who would not appreciate it. So securing sale was the aim, this stuff is a bonus - it was a mile away from the usual hard nosed negotiations.

P.S. How much do you love my logo graphic design skills in the face of merchandise demands from my members? Am sure you will lavish praise as usual ... :rolleyes:

Logoworking PNG Small.png

18. You should have negotiated that in the first place, it's an important part of the bike - what's he going to do with the history, throw it away? :thinkingface:

The design is OK, but if you remain with the basic idea, the bike needs repositioning - it's falling over and doesn't flow with the overall design :) in a word it's 'bitty' if you know what that means...………….. :eyes:

19. Oh dear, we agree :( I put in a nearly done draft. The final rotates and shrinks the bike so it aligns with and fits the text.

This will not do ...

20. Where is it?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information