1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

748 My 2000 748r Purchase

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by everclear, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Also...make the belly pan black to nod to the R.

2. Logo Final proper.jpg

#42 everclear, Jan 15, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  3. It's sitting in a depot crated up about 13km from me, and the logistics company:
    • won't give me the address or access for security purposes
    • the bike won't be unpacked until Monday
    • this means it will miss the depot to residential address courier service (which loads in the morning)
    • so everything crossed it may be delivered the 13km journey 3 days from now on Tuesday afternoon
    All of this in an economy where the news is increasingly bombarding me with the impact of globalisation and how work/life balance is out of of whack as casualisation of the workforce means that consumers hold the whiphand 24/7 and can demand services day and night instead of the old 9-5.

Whilst that may be true in some sectors (fast food, entertainment etc), others (I didn't find other firms to operate in different ways) are still firmly entrenched in past practices. Yes, their websites will give you automated "quick quotes" 24/7 giving the appearnce they are always open but in reality once they have your booking they operate to their own schedules and you can complain about levels of service as much as you like - the industry in this case operates in this manner so bitch all you like - you will get your bike when it is in their routine to deliver it to you.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information