1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

749 My 749s

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by Dubs, Nov 13, 2020.

Tags:
  1. You have to put the key in the slot in the fuel cap and turn it gently while pushing lightly down :laughing::laughing:, anyway, your new tank has a big hole in the top to put fuel, no key issues there IMG_3576.jpg
    On a serious note ... I thought I handed the key over, will check later, dont worry that swinger will be kept safe ... attached to my bike asap

• Like Like x 1
  2. Exactly where the 749 belongs ... on the track, do you have the later swing arm on it ?, my bike came from Pro-Twins, they did the frame mod and put the bigger engine in it, they are a great bunch, always good for a wind up, as it happens I will be seeing them from a distance tomorrow.

3. Find me a cheap Sucati
    Is it the black swingarm you’re talking about? It’s a 2006 model so it came standard with the black swingarm.

4. Cool, transforms the bike

5. The more good news you have for me the better. Got anymore carbon tanks?

6. I’ve got no problems with MotoRapido. I bought a bike from them not long ago and they also fitted the slipper clutch to my 749 but when I decided I wanted to convert the 749 I wrote an email to a few different dealers and Pro Twins were the best from the perspective that they had enthusiasm, experience and proprietary parts. Most others just said, yeah we can help you.

7. HaHa only the one .... it is really nice and for a while thought about using it for the project but it would tie the bike into being an RS replica which it is not, the swing arm is a discreet homage to the race bike but a Manx Norton style tank will detract from that idea, its For Sale

8. Yep, must be mad selling .. has manufacturer construction paperwork, if it does not sell maybe I could put a liner in it and make it a wine box :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. It sounds expensive!

10. No ... Its not bad at all... I have it up for £2300.00, I will take a very sensible offer

Do Not Sell My Personal Information