1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my 97 748bp so far

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by chizel, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Cheers mate. your not wrong about the urge to rush it! I've been rideless for too long and have missed another summer:Grumpy:
    Although I've had to make a few compromises I'm not going to ride her until she's as good as i can get her/afford. There are a few items that i have but want upgraded (disc carriers, chain/sprockets and clock faces) that will have to wait until i get her running and home.
    Just to get her out of Alec's workshop, not that he's given me any pressure at all (in fact quite the opposite) but its been so much longer than expected and the main thing now is getting her fired up!!!!!!!

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  2. For those still interested heres todays pics....
    I've not lost interest by any stretch but I'm getting a lil disheartened of late.... as in I've had a very good run in purchasing bits and now I'm so near the end it seems like every part i buy is being sent out by muppets who dont know shit..... CAM00046.jpg CAM00047.jpg CAM00048.jpg CAM00049.jpg CAM00050.jpg CAM00051.jpg CAM00052.jpg CAM00053.jpg CAM00054.jpg CAM00056.jpg CAM00057.jpg CAM00058.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. that looks feckin gorgeous

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. :) cheers wrought ! as pissed off as i am that its taking so long and im getting messed at the last min by suppliers I agree, She is the nuts!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. dude your gonna need a woman. thats gonna take a lot of cleaning.

6. but I dont want a woman thats gonna take alot of cleaning.... i want a already clean one/extremely dirty one

7. in greenford? good luck.:smile:

8. LOL!!!! nice one!!! you musta been here then? It's grim I'll give you that!

9. teehee. never been, desert?

10. Its working class England at its finest. Chav city... My local is like an ugly convention

11. feel right at home then?

12. Me? no i'm lower middle class and pretty like my bike.. I have nothing against the sun reading racists in my area but there's no chance in finding a woman that weighs less than me, has all her teeth and doesn't think that valuer track suits are the height of fashion.. (just a few of my musts in looking for love)

#132 chizel, Aug 24, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. move to argyll.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. hmmm..... been out with a few Scottish birds... bit..errr.. fiery for me

15. WOW, its a bit hard to know where to start on this bike. Amazing job. Especially love the rear shock and the top yokes.

And the RIP is a nice touch, was thinking of getting something similar done regards one of my mates.

I'm not sure I would trust the standard side stand though, I replaced mine with an 848 and, as luck would have it, they come in black! Single seat would look good too. I guess when you start its hard to say enough is enough.

Proper job though.

Did you ever get to ride her last year?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Thanks mate! Yea got a few rides in, just ticked over the 500 miles on sunday so after me shoulder op (in 4 weeks hopefully!) and weather/finances permitting it'll be back to proteam for oil/filters and set the suspension properly.

The rip is nice, its for my mates dad who's dad owned a bike shop in france in the fiftys, we used to talk bikes for hours.. took him for a spin aged 73 (i think)... his wife who is now 80 is insisting i take her for a blast when the weather warms up. I have to take her over 100mph as the only time she did that was on a black shadow 50 odd years ago!!!

done the 848 sidestand a lil while back, good call. its in black but needs refinishing, clocks and disks still need doing and im now thinking of having the front of the exhaust system ceramic coated white.. more £'s but no rush, i have a few outstanding commitments to forfill before a can in good conscience spend any more!

• Like Like x 1
  17. looks beautiful!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. jhyjgf

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. ?

20. Very nice. In fact nearly as nice as mine. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information