1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Accident (the Boring Thread)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Jun 9, 2021.

1. I've got an appointment tomorrow at Gloucester Hospital to have foam injected into my leg veins. Not really looking forward to it it I need to man-up! The nurse who was dressing my leg every week was asked about it. She said that I should have it, definitely and I trust her judgement.

Now, I just put all the receipts for taxis, trains and driving lessons to my solicitor to put on my claim. I don't bother with the insurance rehab scheme, as they don't believe that this is anything to do with my accident. Unlike them, medical opinion that I have sought, is that it is 100% dueto the accident. I'll take medical opinion over that of an insurance company. I wonder if they have stopped paying out for anything because somebody senior has looked at this and realised that they will be taken to the cleaners and so any hope of keeping me sweet, is done the toilet. I don't know and nor do I care anymore!

Spent the weekend writing stroppy emails after being let down, or annoyed, with suppliers. The first, Stroud Brewery, phoned me today to tell me that it must be all my fault, as I must of clicked a "subscribe" to email button when I ordered my beer. I countered by saying that I could not of clicked the option three times, but that was how many times that I got emails asking me to confirm my (some) subscription. The fact that I told them that I just put in my last order with them and have put in another order with Hopback seemed to worry them less. Strange way of doing business I thought, but I've already been told that I know nothing. One of the reasons for giving up was I told them that their beer was too gassy, resulting in when I opened a can, that had been stood still for weeks, the beer was so foamy that most of it ended up on the kitchen floor. This must be all my fault as well, I assume.

My other dispute was with "The Times" and in an email conversation going nowhere, I told them that I've given in with them and cancelled my direct debit. They came back to me to tell me that this wasn't good enough and that I needed to ask politely on the 'phone. Apparently not paying is not good enough and I must phone up to plead to be allowed to stop paying them. Cancelling the direct debit seems easier to me and they will be informed by the bank, that the dd is cancelled, but they do not think this good enough. Well. feck 'em, then.

Good news is that I am still looking at bikes on the vague hope of ever getting my motorcycle license back. I went back around the KTM and Aprilia route, but returned to the Ducati Supersport S. The plan is to do nothing, until I have got my ST2 back on the road, so that I can p-ex it. And that means I can use any dealer. Cardiff is not too far....and I can honour my 10k spending cap.
    upload_2021-6-14_16-30-4.png

2. And I'll go with the "S". I've never sampled Ohlins, but will be interesting to try it.

3. Foam injected into leg veins sounds interesting P

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. They will probably put the price of the bike up if you make them take your ST2, so just bear that in mind.

What does the foam in your legs actually do?

Does the foam come in the beer cans?

5. Apparently, and I claim no expertise here, you have non-return valves in the veins returning blood to your heart, so that blood that has been used can return to your heart and not"fall" back to your leg, as it needs to return to your heart for cleaning and re-oxygenating. They can put a dye in the blood and use some sort of ultrasound camera to look at this on a computer screen - the miracles of modern science, eh? Or they can just ask the medical experts at Hastings Insurance who will put them right and say that they don't know what they are doing!

The foam is used to block the arteries with the faulty valves, so that blood returns only through the"good" veins with working valves....... I think! I am told that this is safe and reliable. I will ask more questions at the hospital and I don't intend to take any risks! So far,l understand it to be 100% safe and effective.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. What with dealing with the medical denying eggsperts at Hastings Insurance and the barstewards at the DVLA, it comes as no surprise that I am a right grump!!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Love You Love You x 1
  7. I will see what the offer is. If it is crap, then I will try here, or Keep it. It's a good bike, with Ducati panniers. Easy to own and if I can do this valve adjustment, has new belts and should go for years!

• Like Like x 1
  8. No messing about and no discussion - they just went and did it in a minute. I thought that they would give me one last chance to wimp out!

And no mental problems, although getting up in the morning really makes me tired! One side effect that they failed to mention (I'm gonna sue) is that I now I just can't drink enough beer! My local brewery won the delivery race and I had a beer delivery today. This lot is not exploding cans and so I'm gonna stick with Stroud Brewery, in future. It slips down a dream!

And no change of mind! I'm gonna get a Ford B-Max when I get my license back and then a Supersport S. There seem a few about in my price range (sub 10k) and I'll part-ex, or sell here, my ST2.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hopback came good on delivery, today. I'll leave it a couple of days to settle, as I got my Stroud Brewery beer to keep me going. Just started my first one of the day and I can justify it (to myself) because I have just done some garden work and I am bloomin' hot!

• Like Like x 2
  10. What's going on in the garden Perry?

11. I had my bike accident in March '19. I got home in about September '19 and wasn't strong enough to do anything much until Spring '20. So, the garden got very overgrown! I signed up for a garden waste bin, that is collected every fortnight, with a winter break. Our bin day is fortnightly on a Friday. I can manage about 1 2-hour shift and then another hour later on and starting that in a sec.

Although, I used to take garden rubbish to the dump by car as they have a "green" bin, this is better actually, even if I could drive. I would have to 'waste' 'time, loading the car and drive to the dump. And then, on my return, vac out the leaves and twigs from the car. I may of been able to put the garden waste bin on my compensation claim, but this way is better, actually. And it gets me outside and on my feet, which is good!

12. OK so we both have a fortnightly garden bin collection service. What are you growing in the garden apart from weeds and grass?

13. Not even any grass! just brambles!!!

14. Are they blackberry kinda ones or the really b*ll*x ones that do nothing?

15. They just grow...... and grow........ and grow...... and grow some more......

16. I have some of those in my natural garden :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. I don't mind the thorns... so long as there's flowers attached. I just snapped these pics of early roses in my unnatural garden. LOL

r1.jpg r2.jpg r3.jpg r4.jpg r5.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  18. 4F9EF329-0E2A-45F8-A342-FD16A85657DC.jpeg BE3D919E-ED97-4EB9-82A6-33C9718F856D.jpeg 6A84B53A-37DA-43B4-AE7B-90856F36F410.jpeg 9900E1B3-34A5-4B6D-9A27-8CAA3D7837FE.jpeg

Thanks Jez, those are lovely, was saying to Viv, it seems to be the best year for Roses for a long time.

#38 Chris, Jun 17, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Chris you have some lovely ones!

You know I used to love summer 'cause all the topless girls at the beach!

Then whilst the above ^^^ remained important, I also loved summer as this was the time to really get out on bikes (I had stopped riding them the rest of the year obvs).

Now I love summer, because I can ride my bikes, perhaps even to the beach and because of the garden.

Funny how life changes priorities.

PS.
    Any girls reading this who would like to sunbathe in a rose garden -auditions start next week!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Started working on a bike for the first time in over 20 months. Fecking tired now (and on the beer). First job done was to put back a new battery in my ST3. Wiring is a bit fiddly as it's tight as standard, plus I have wiring for a satnav and a battery tender. Fiddly and I was slow, coz I didn't want to mess up. Before starting it, I want to take out the plugs and squirt in some oil. Then, with plugs out, I wanna spin the motor a few times to get the oil supply going. I will replace the plugs and get a mate to get me some petrol as the light is on and as its been stood for over two years, so some fresh wouldn't hurt. Then, if it runs OK, I gonna put the fairings back on. Next, I'll have to see if I can reclaim the mirrors - both have been knocked off but I dunno if anything is actually broken and I think that they were designed to come off rather than snap.

After that, it will be a case of finishing the valve check on the ST2. I know that it needs some shims and so changing shims will be fun!

I will sleep well tonight!

• Like Like x 2
    • Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information