1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Accident (the Boring Thread)

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Perry, i'm sure you are aware and Granny/sucking eggs comes to mind, but as much fun as regular "lashings of beer" can be, it often comes comes with a weighty penalty if the embiber is not exercising much - ask me how i know... :upyeah:

2. I am doing important work in comparing Hopback and Stroud breweries. I'll take the risk....

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. upload_2021-6-18_8-23-43.png
    Unimportant dilemma: I try to support local but, so far, I think that this is better than anything from Stroud Brewery. I may have to order a few more boxes to be absolutely sure.....

4. And also, unlike the Stroud trend, they still use glass bottles and feck the environment!

As I am trying to get my Ducatis back on the road and intend to buy a petrol car hen I get my license back, I think that this may fit in with my philosophy!

5. Glass bottles are the best as part of a re useable cycle. Much better than any alternative AFAIK.

6. Not according to Stroud Brewery. They have ditched them to "go green" as they reckon that aluminium cans are "greener", but I am a bit sceptical. The brewery is no more than 10 miles from me, but they reckon that I am not close enough for free delivery. Instead, they use an outfit base in Winchester for delivery. When they first started to text me about my delivery, I wondered WTF have I ordered from Winchester! I haven't checked, but would not be surprised in our new, mad thinking, green World, if the beer travels to me via Winchester - a trip of way over 100 miles from a brewery 8 miles away.

I think that Dale Vince, who owns Ecotricity, based in Stroud, and also owns Forest Green Rovers, might have a stake in Stroud Brewery. He encourages people not to drive to Forest Green Rovers - in the middle of nowhere -,well, Nailsworth, but that is nowhere - and all the local "green" stuff gets madder and madder. I keep being offered "green" electricity, yet cannot work out how my meter only admits "green" electricity into my house. Must be a fecking clever, 30 year-old, meter!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Selling beer in glass bottles is comparatively super good for the environment provided it is reused. But reusing it takes effort to set up.

8. Whether it is glass or can, it can go in my green bin. After that, I have no idea what happens to it.

Some sceptics allege that the "green" waste is all just shipped to China or India for landfill, anyway! Sceptic? I cannot comment.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Although I have this family opposition to me ever climbing on a bike again, with the DVLA 100% in agreement with my family, but I still look. The Ducati ST3 is looking promising and so I'll probably keep it. My "reward" bike is now between the Aprilia RS660 and the Kawasaki ZX-6R. Open minded on this but I've had two ZX-6Rs in the past and never an Aprilia. Both are about the same money new (if I buy new) with the Kawa miles more powerful and faster. But which would be more fun? That's the important thing. I f I keep the ST3, then I have a tourer, with the "reward" bike just for laughs. No track days, but just road riding. Although this won't be my tourer, I could tour on it. And both of my nearest bike shops (Fowlers and Frasers) are Aprilia and Kawasaki dealers. Ducati's offering in this category, would be the Monster, I guess and I am definitely, definitely not going the Monster route.
    upload_2021-6-19_15-3-56.png

10. And also, whilst the Aprilia exhaust and swinging arm offend, the Kawa is less offensive.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information