1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My brain works in some f-up way

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Lucazade, Jun 25, 2012.

1. Oh come on 2 times in last 6 months. Just before X-mas did not notice car in front. About April mid corner bike stalled off I go. In case of December one there was no time, one second far from car, another going over speed bump and getting air-born third second skidding towards car and wham. Second one I tucked and rolled with my leg rolling over a curb.

2. I refuse to talk about crashing, it's bad ju-ju:frown:

3. What can I say? I'm in touch with my feminine side :biggrin:

4. :eek: Don't do it in public, you'll be arrested :wink:

5. in my biking life i have had a few crashes and you have two basic types , 1 the slide when you lose the bike from under you that is the slide you do n ot have any choice in this and you do not have time to go into a roll and you are more likly to be thinking about hanging on to the bike .
    2 the over the bonnet , in this one you are airborne for a short time , but it will seem longer and it goes in to slow mo you can try to roll but all this happens in less than a second so realy these days i think more about avoiding the brain dead numptys i find it works better for me

6. Sliding defo hurts less, soon as you start tumbling your body takes lots more impacts...unless you're in the gravel n which case it's gonna hurt either way!!

And on a fast get off like paddock hill or maybe Gerard's you do get time to think and process what's going on. Not so with a slow speed or non low side accident, you're merely a passenger

As a racer I've had one or two :eek:

:redface:

7. If you low-side it and slide, I can't think how it would be a good idea to roll into a ball and repeatedly bash your head on the ground. Don't see many racers opting for that tactic. When I've crashed the noise of splitting plastic and scraping aluminium has me thinking more "How much is this going to cost?" rather than "How much is this going to hurt?" My previous bank balance flashes before me.

But then I've never really hurt myself crashing - just made myself poor(er).

8. I'm with you on this one Figaro, who knows whats happening on a sub -conscious level.
    Much better to programe the mind with positive thoughts imo!

9. Lol last two I've instantly thought 'feck, his is going to REALLY hurt!' and they did! But race bike so not bothered about making it look nice, just function fast and able to get back out again

10. In my experience you slide, think you've almost stopped, attempt to stand, then roll.
    :biggrin:

11. Some funny replies and I started this thread as a joke yet some took it for real. Figaro, John did you not hear that it is good to talk about your inner-feelings ;) Also talking about it imprints in your mind the pain, humiliation and cost of crashing. When I crushed SS I fell off it flew head first in to car then stopped. As soon as I did I got up so cars opposite side will not hit me but also as I heard SS revving its bollox off. When I went off monster I rolled, when I stopped I ended on my back. As engine was off I lied on the floor hitting my hands against tarmac shouting stupid stupid idiot and some other swearing.

12. Have you considered a bikesafe course Luca? :wink:

13. Think he would be safer walking 

14. Or in an institute! ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  15. >>>>>>>>

#35 Chris, Jun 27, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  16. That's my favourite bit. pmsl

More please.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Isn't that a natural reaction to anything that you break, especially a bike, hubby did that when he crashed during the emergency stop on his test, said he didn't know whether to laugh or cry so he swore at himself, he passed the next time.

18. I think they teach how not to crash there and as I did it already obviously not crashing did not work to well.

If it was only biek related, when I dropped the TV on my leg the swearing was long and strong. Same when I fell down the steps at home, mainly swearing at the dog and then at fact I did not put the light on as it was few steps to the left (not direction I was travelling). Ho hum the least falling down the steps was in direction I wanted to go :D.

19. When I highsided at Brands Hatch I was in the air for, what felt like, so long I had time to think "This is gonna hurt..." One broken ankle and a few other injuries later, I can confirm that it did hurt :biggrin:

When I lowsided at Mallory I landed on my front and had a great stomach surfing moment sliding along before rolling into a cartwheel and straight up onto my feet. I have some pics somewhere, it was hilarious!

20. Luca, you are but an accident blackspot searching for a venue:biggrin:

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information