1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Current Project

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by motecben, Mar 30, 2020.

1. Yes Borgo Panigale. They are tight and fit well in the bores.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Any 998 should do it.

3. Yes Borgo Panigale the butterflies and shafts are all ok and tight.

4. Some one has had that butterfly out previously...
    Screen Shot 2020-06-10 at 12.35.22.png
    you can put spherical bearings on to the throttle balance shaft...totally eliminates that plastic cup and ball rubbish

5. Can you use bushes from a 999?

6. That was me putting marks on the butterfly when I had it apart! I have replaced the plastic cups and balls with new balls and metal cups so they are now good.

7. I have no idea whether 999's have separate bushes. In the 998 parts list, the throttle bodies are one part number only.

8. So I have been through the entire setup procedure again. Re set the TPS, ensured the cold start warm up was inactive, re set throttle linkage and have made a considerable improvement to the point that it is now very rideable. One area that I think I have improved things is with re setting the rear butterfly that came out when I was looking at the bearings. There is quite a bit of possible movement in the position of the butterfly on the shaft and tightening the screws to get a good fit of the butterfly around the entire circumference took some fiddling. I will now run it for a while and see how I get on and get the spindle bearings replaced when the weather is less good. On the road it seems to have a lot of grunt and perform alot better than me!

• Like Like x 2
  9. It appears that only one of the fan activation pins is functioning reliably so I have connected both fans via a relay to the pin that works. IMG_0602[1].JPG

10. Hi Ben. The second fan didn’t cut in even at 102 / 104°?

11. Morning Ian. Not regularly. Its difficult to check so I used a spare water temp sensor and waved a hot air gun at it. LH fan was reliable but the RH was not. All my wiring was of course checked. My mod is easily reversible if I can find a solution.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Wow, I had a set of those vacuum gauges, bought direct from Davida moto. I think he was just starting up working out his garage back in '77.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I think I got mine around the same time! Still do the job.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Nice One Dude... Good Read :upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information