1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Ducati Complete Registration Link

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Android853sp, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Just received an e-mail purporting to be from Ducati Motor Holdings telling me I need to complete the ‘My Ducati’ registration process by following an embedded link in the e-mail. Call me suspicious but I’ve been registered for My Ducati for about 3 years and there is nothing within my area in My Ducati that says I haven’t completed the registration process. Has anyone else had this e-mail ? Andy

2. Never follow embedded links. If you mouse over it though, you will see the true address it is perhaps redirecting to.

Its always better to type the destination address into a browser yourself, that way you know it is legit.

3. Just seen it on FB - looks dodgy as its not a Ducati email address.

4. [email protected] for Ducati Motor Holding itcondeloitte.com’. I’m going to forward the email to Ducati UK for them to sort out. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Dodgy as....

I’d rather trust a scar faced Albanian to baby sit my daughter....

6. Yes I received one of these as well. Does look like a phishing scam to me. The link points to force.com which resolves to a SalesForce IP address. The email is poorly written, e.g. lower case first name. I have reported this as unsolicited (junk) email.

It's a bit worrying that someone may have acquired a copy of Ducati's marketing database!

Graham

• Like Like x 1
  7. @Tim Maccabee, Hi Tim, are you aware of this e-mail requiring you to click an embedded link to complete your My Ducati registration ? Thanks, Andy

8. I've had the same email and been registered for 5 years.

9. It’s probably legit. Salesforce is a commonly used CRM system. But, click at your risk. ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. I clicked on it and it takes you to Ducati login page, i haven't logged in but it looks legit!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I have had it too.

12. #MeToo

I clicked. It's legit.

• Like Like x 1
  13. What I can assume is this is a paid activity for a spear phishing attack from Deloitte to show weaknesses in Ducati’s approach to data privacy. I will not be replying.

You have Deloitte, Salesforce and Ducati entwined here. Not sure I trust the legitimacy of the email's intentions, especially as I only just went to the Ducati site and did changes last week.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Had it. Checked it. Clicked it. Entered my details. It took me to the MyDucati page, where it offered me a video clip on the V4 Streetfighter. All of my details were correct there. Logged out.

Looks like incompetence to me...

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Same here

16. It is genuine. It is to verify that you are still an active DOC member.

17. I had it too this morning. Followed the link to complete my details but nothing to change.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. same, checked the URL but not surprised they are using sales force, it’s popular. In am waiting on a response from a complaint so figured they had sent me a link to view their response, clearly not

19. Seeing as how all the DOC 2020 membership stuff (not DOCGB) arrived just recently in the post, I assumed it was linked to that and that it's a nudge to make sure your details are up to date.

20. I got it too.

• Love You Love You x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information