1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Engines Got To Come Out And Be Split

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Felstmiester, Jul 7, 2020.

1. PC can be unreliable and troublesome.

Look at BSD Peterborough or RPM Northants

2. Noted. If this is the case I will just go for the ecu mapping. There’s hardly any difference in price. Just a longer journey. I have been in touch with Dave Wood Racing ( closest to me ) and they seem to have good reviews.

3. PC is outdated tech.
    Extra loom and another box of gubbins.
    The Ducati ecu can be fuelled for each cylinder, the PC cannot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Absolutely - 2nd 3rd and 4th that....PC wouldnt come near any of my bikes...whatever bikes i own.....ecu flash all the way...

5. So engines complete. Picked it up yesterday. So next job is to clean it up a bit then get it in the bike. I’m then going to chuck the bike in the van and take it back to Simon at Race engineering to give it some fresh oil and it’s initial fire up. Also going to get him to fit the new chain & sprockets while it’s in.
    couple of questions. I’ve had the heads gas flowed so after run in I’ll get it dyno’d and set up properly. If I go for the mwr filter ( the one that replaces the top of the air box ) will it be ok to run the bike in with this fitted or will it run to lean? Would rather get it fitted now while everything’s apart rather than having to strip the tank off again. Also the battery seems to have give up the ghost. After putting it on charge the other day it just comes up as 6v on the charger. Is it worth getting a lithium replacement? I know they’re lighter, but is the double cost worth it?
    Another job on the cards are new plugs. Any recommendations for these?

6. Great news!

7. Definately for the weight saving...if you do get a lithium get them in one hand and the other then youll see...the hyper battery is pretty big...

What does a new lithium cost now (without looking 80 quid) and a standard 40 quid...? youll get a shit load less from 40 quids worth of Ti...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Good advice Comfy. What do you think about the filter situation?

9. Personally I’d run it in with the airbox in place and current filter setup, just for peace of mind, it’s not much hassle to remove the tank and air box before taking it to be mapped. I agree with comfy about the lithium battery, it’s the first thing I change on any bike I buy now just for the weight saving.

10. Incidentally I saved 3kg when I fitted the lithium battery to my 950.

11. Maplesyrup. Yeah think your right. Managed to get it all back together earlier on and was mulling it over but ended up putting the air box back on. Like you say. Not to much hassle to remove the tank again. Better be safe than sorry. All in all this rebuild has cost me nearly 3k.
    Yeah think I’ll order a lithium. Any recommendations?

edit: just had a quick search and believe it or not Halfords are by far the cheapest for a lithium :upyeah:

#91 Felstmiester, Oct 17, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  12. Air filters: Definately leave as standard if its not mapped....but then if you do...personally id go for pods...if you do theres a nice amount of space underneath (airflow, room to add other mods) eg underneath my tank is a fuck off loud denali soundbomb horn....made even louder than its 120db by resonating underneath the tank.....ear splittingly loud...!

13. Ideally I would rather go for pods. Problem is they’re so expensive in comparison to the mwr kit. Ok you have to cut the top off the box but it’s £120 vs £300+ for the pod kit. And the mwr is going to get the same gains. I do think the pods are a better kit but after spending 2.5k on the engine build I’m being careful with the pennies. Especially as I’ve got to have her dyno’d & set up after she’s run in.

14. F2460D0E-7D37-459B-93B2-7DD36DE6C7A9.jpeg A65DC9F6-D109-4491-BDA6-4E5857F62028.jpeg 09731F73-0971-4340-A05A-12A6B5D808AD.jpeg ED2F72B1-1447-4DF3-9AF2-E31EA782A2CD.jpeg Some pics of the gas flowing for anyone who cares lol

• Like Like x 1
  15. After buying the lithium battery first and then doing the research I’m a bit concerned lol. Do I need to carry around a fire extinguisher in case the rectifier goes fubar!? Although the battery I brought is one with the safety bar built in, I’ve still seen bad feedback even just on this forum. This hyper hast been kind to me as it is. I don’t need a fire to top it off.

16. Without trawling back through the posts, what year is the bike ? Andy

17. It’s an 09 Andy.

18. Mmmm. Just my thoughts mind but given the step by step replacement of the regulator/rectifier with a current generation Shindengan being explained on here, safest to do the replacement for peace of mind. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information