1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Engines Got To Come Out And Be Split

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by Felstmiester, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Yeah - but.....if youre gonna keep it....then itll be money well spent....3.2k was my engine build price....bike is in perfect working order (2 years on) and i trust it...if i had to get on it now and ride it to scotland (or any long distance) i know it would get there....itll be easier to sell (if you want to) as youll have a shed load of receipts to go with it which on an older bike i would say, is quite appealing...

2. To be honest Comfy I think I will keep it for a while. I’m also pretty sure these 1100 hypers are going to hold there money in the future. The old last of the angry’s if you know what I mean :upyeah:

3. Absolutely.....same reason for me and the reason why ive still got my old pre aprc RSV4 Factory....its just an angry bike...love it.

4. Good luck tomorrow.
    Hope the weather plays ball.

5. Yeah same here! Enjoy the ride home ;)

6. Picked the hyper up this morning but took the van as it was chucking it down here. Got it back, fitted a few bits I’d ordered during the engine build. Got chance to take it out this afternoon for a short while. Only done around 20 miles. Bit early to tell yet. Also had the suspension set up properly. Definitely feels better in the corners

• Like Like x 3
  7. Just had a read thru of this. Bought an '08 1100s in 2009, added a few mods over the years - Zard downpipes, underseat Termis, PCV and Autotune, CCW long range tank, K&N pods. Acquired a 1200 MTS three years ago intending to sell the Hyper - but it's still in the garage. No suprise really, it's a keeper! Power Commander may be 'old tech' but it works for me - and the Autotune means I can chop and change intake/exhausts without needing to touch the fuelling (I plan to remove the long range tank & refit Ducshop stacks/huge K&N pods at some point). Don't fret about lithium batteries. I've had a Shorai since about 2012, no issues at all. Just go for a decent quality brand, one with onboard cell management (eg Shido) Lots of irrelevant b@ll@cks online about lithium batteries - do your own research. A new Shindengan reg rectifier could be worth it for peace of mind but watch out for the fakes. Reading your thread makes me want to get out and have a play with the bike - how's yours getting on?

8. Hi Rob. I’m 300 miles in to the run in. Due to the weather now being crap I’m not sure it’s going to be run in until next summer. Yes I know I could still take her out. But after spending hours in the garage prepping and spraying the engine I don’t wanna get it dirty. I actually ended up buying a mosfet reg/rec off a newer model from a breakers but not fitted it yet.
    You say yours is a keeper! Well mine is with me now for a fair few years due to what it stands me in after engine build and other trick bits I’ve thrown at it in the past 6 months of ownership.
    I’ve had some lovely bikes and cars in the past and pretty much modded them all. But for some reason I like this hyper! It’s not the latest and greatest. But it’s fun! And due to the fact I’m pushing 50 I need a bit of that in my life.
    I’m up to 7000rpm now in the run in period and it feels a lot stronger. This may or may not be due the the gas flowing but I’m looking forward to getting it set up on the dyno. I’ll be happy to see triple figures fingers crossed. At the moment I have a mwr filter ( one that replaces top of air box) its running standard set up at the moment while running in but if I haven’t sourced some pods by the time it’s ready for the dyno the mwr will be going on.
    Like I’ve said I’ve owned some nice bikes in the past most have been sports bikes and I’ve had a lot. R1’s, blades, Millie R’s, busers, Tlr 1000, 999 duc the list goes on. But the old hyper 1100 is just one of them I think I’m attached to lol. Roll on next summer!!!

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information