1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My First Mv

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by ibgarrow, Aug 8, 2018.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  1. Phil Read carbon. Difficult to describe the noise at full revs. More animal than mechanical. They make an amazing backfire if you shut off from 10k. This is the bike I could not live without.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I had a 312 until I worked out that it was either taking me into a tree or a prison cell. Absolutely beautiful bike, I spent hours just looking at it in the garage. As said it runs hot but this can be reduced by using the ‘wetter water’ stuff and getting the improved water pump impeller. Also mentioned is the radiator vulnerability, I had a stone bang a hole in mine so I’d certainly fit a guard asap.
    As for the ride, up to 78-80 its a bucking unwiledly pig to handle but when it gets its head its a bloody dream AND that was my problem, 3 digit A road blasts were far far to frequent (allegedly) and if you dont hit 160 joining a motorway your not riding it properly (so I have heard).
    Just lift the seat unit and gaze at the way they have thought about placing everything in there, its a thing of beauty both on the outside and out of view.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Can you imagine riding this any further than the shops and back...? Trick MV.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Got a 2010 f1000r absolute animal it is , I love it but it scares me

A6178D88-DFAC-4E51-A09A-137595877DF9.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  5. I did Le Mans and back in a weekend averaging 210-230 km/h on mine in July. I could not walk properly for some time later, but I had this weird smile on my face as well. I was also deaf for several days.

• Like Like x 3
  6. The f4 rc is one of my favourite bikes
    Screenshot_20180809-182256.png

• Like Like x 3
  7. I didn't get the F4 1000 for two reasons a) it was too much bike for me b) there are fewer 750s.

8. I've just come in from a back-to-back ride of the MV and my Supersport.
    Pretty obviously, the Ducati is more comfortable, easier to turn and I probably make the same progress. Its mirrors are still b awful-little to discern if you can see past arms because of vibrations. Strangely, the right hand one is worse. The twin is more vibey, but quieter than the MV. Definitely the one to ride up to Scotland at the month end.
    The MV is really only happy going at...that bit of the speedometer 3 elements past 60. Mirrors are absolutely useless, which is rather contrary to riding it at that speed. Noise is exhilarating - airbox and pipes. I keep dropping back just to hear it. Still haven't taken it right up the Rev scale, until I change the oil and filter, just to be sure. I think its limit is 10500?

Found a flaw today-well, several. One is the appalling lock meaning it takes ages to extract. The rear brake doesn't, so needs attention. Worse than my multistrada was.
    The other is more serious. Normally, I ride with a fob on my ignition key. Turning into my driveway tonight, I couldn't! The fob had slipped behind the steering damper and restricted the lock to nil!
    That's being changed.

9. sounds like my dating status on women to look for

10. emoto no longer trade and haven't done for many years. They had the worst reputation in the world for customer service when they were. There were stories of people going round to have a word due to unfulfilled orders back in the day.

I only ever ordered once from them (a 916 hugger iirc) and it took 4 months to come. They just ignored e-mails and never answered the phone.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I’ll take my chances and fully understand the risks... where do I sign up?

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Do not expect anything from the rear brake. Mine failed its MOT because it did not work. The mechanic bled it thinking he could fix it. He then gave up.

• Like Like x 1
  13. My pedal just goes down...and down...until it fouls the belly pan. No retardation, though I think there's a pulsing as if the disc's warped. Will take a closer look.

14. Hmmm. Website still up & advertising stuff, but having been warned off by other tales like yours, I'll steer clear.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Emoto are/were how do you put it nicely? S#*t...
    Mv’s are my guilty pleasure though as I love the way it turns my nuts dry roasted when sat at traffic lights.
    Wouldn’t be without mine though

DFECCCFE-267E-4DA0-99D6-F34FD5A6725C.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  16. Yeah, but you can't actually order anything, give it a try. :)

There is a caveat at the bottom of most pages that says they are no longer trading, but retain their trading name etc iirc. :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information