1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Mate Is Retiring...

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Exige, May 1, 2020.

1. After several years at the top of his game, my mate Tom Swales is retiring from competition.
    Competing in the sport of 1km long speed wheelie competitions with little funds and achieving what he has is quite a feat. Quite likely the best in the world, even though his results have left him behind the top 2 or 3 competitors with huge budgets, Tom has always scrimped and done magnificently well - with exceptional skill and sublime throttle control.

He has been known to wheelie past mates while touring Europe with full soft luggage flapping in the wind at well over 130mph with one hand off the bars steading the load.

Here are his milestones, finally cracking +200mph on a bike Jarrod Frost lent him :):upyeah:

IMG_0548.JPG

• Like Like x 13
  2. Happy retirement, one wheel Tommy. :) :upyeah:

3. Buying front tyres too much like hard work, huh?

Happy retirement, Elise's mate!

4. mad fucker! fair play to him.

5. How much does a job like that pay?!

6. -£1000's :bucktooth: + free tyres from Michelin :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Just back tyres, right?

8. No, both - the fronts do wear when they hit the ground at 200mph with a non revolving wheel - it's all in the science :bucktooth:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Congratulations, a startling career.

10. I bet he never actually “retires” though. If you can do that, you’re going to aren’t you ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Maybe he'll just do it on his days off now. :thinkingface: Bloody hooligan ! :mad:

12. Girls blouse.

13. Keith just called you a girls blouse :eyes:

14. :no_mouth:

15. o_O

Do Not Sell My Personal Information