1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My New Bike.....and I'm In Love.

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by gregsf848, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Life's too short to hold back on what you want :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Very nice. I was sorely tempted but I bought a 1290 Superduke instead. Its a twin thing.
    It was the Aprilia bit (dealers/parts back-up) that put me off but I think they've improved things now.

The Factory doesn't win all the naked shootouts for nothing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Exactly, why i went with the aprilia over the duke plus ktm annoys me with their "pay to unlock'' the gadgets
    where'as the aprilia comes fully loaded apart from the bluetooth module.

4. who sells them? seriously I do not know any Aprillia dealers do the piggy back on KTM or someone else??

5. Looks great . I'd like to try one.

6. I have 17 bikes (or 18, I dunno) 1 is an Aprilia, it looks pretty (prettier than yours) but is my least favourite to ride :yum

#26 Exige, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2017
  7. I don't like the gizmos. First thing I bought for my Superduke was the dongle and turned everything off except the ABS.
    Mine's the '16 model though and it hasn't got much in the way of electronics, which suits me. If I was into all that stuff it would annoy me to have to pay £500 just to activate software that was loaded onto the bike already. It'll be the shape of things to come though, and it won't just be KTM at it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. There's quite a few main dealers dotted around the country if you google...but remember compared to ducati aprilia are a small company.

9. Yes, thats what annoyed me about ktm...but unfortunately i'm a sucker for gizmos

10. Even so, both KTM and Aprilia are cheaper than Ducatis..
    It been said on here more than a few times that the Superduke is expensive but its still £1500 cheaper than a 1200 Monster and it'll leave it behind. One thing I will say for KTM is you never need to pay list price for a new bike. They always heavily discount and pretty much every model is either replaced or upgraded every three years and the outgoing versions can be had cheap as chips. (I only paid 12K for mine). Dealers are pretty good at doing deals on extras too. Cynical ploy or smart tactic? Depends on whether you know how to play the game. If you don't you can be left feeling pretty sick when they suddenly lop two grand off a bike you've just paid list price for.
    Don't know how Aprilia compare in that respect but the Factory Tuono is about the same price as the loaded '17 Superduke. One thing's for sure, you won't get many giveaways out of Ducati.

#30 Gimlet, Nov 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Try getting an MV serviced......

12. Post up a pic then....bikes are like lots of 'objects' some like fat pink ones others like thin white ones, thank god we're all different. or it'd be fucking boring eh!

13. Nearly brought one...but too 'shouty' for my taste, even compared to aprilia's

14. Aprilia 1.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  15. Yeah thats very very nice......still think mines pretty though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Looks great!

17. I like most bikes depending what mood I'm in and what day of the week it is. Ideally I'd have about 200 and they'd all be different.

18. Her... She....?? WTF !! It's a bike!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. It's away having Aprilia written on it on a jaunty diagonal :innocent:

• Like Like x 1
  20. Mate, I see your point but you do realise where you're at when you write this eh?

#40 Wayne58, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2017
Do Not Sell My Personal Information