1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My New Bike.....and I'm In Love.

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by gregsf848, Nov 4, 2017.

1. Ssshhh I need a valve service this month :)

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  2. Why for you, did you choose the KTM over the Tuono?

3. The Tuono is a superbike with bars and more of a scalpel, but I found the Duke more playful and capable across all types of riding. I also had some running issues with my 2015 Tuono, it didn’t completely put me off, but reliability was a concern.

You can’t go wrong with either bike. For me, they’re in their own league above all other bikes when it comes to spirited road riding.

#103 Jimmy899, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Cheers, if and when my multi goes, having an SDR, rode the tuono but was a bit small in the leg room dept for me

5. The Tuono is not the most comfy bike for a naked, I could actually ride longer on my Daytona 675R as it had slightly more leg room. The KTM is an armchair.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. You'll still find the SDR small coming from a Multi. As Jimmy says its an armchair compared with other nakeds and I certainly don't find it cramped and I'm 6' but a big adventure bike is like having the entire room to yourself. My 1190 feels huge next to the Superduke. Its like being on the bridge of a ship.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Took one of these out for a blast in the summer and loved it! Felt every bit as fast as my 1199s.
    I'll be treating myself to one in march/April I think :heart_eyes::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  8. thought we was buddies.....

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Soz chiz. Love ya really

• Love You Love You x 1
  10. Is that the 8k mile service? Mine is due in a couple of hundred miles. Will Have to wait until next year now .

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Beautiful Bike, for anyone to say an aprillia isn’t a work of art , they must have rocks in there head !
    Just look at the rear swing arm, the tig welds, quality of the carbon ,absolute perfection !
    A good friend of mine has not long sold a 2010 rsv4 factory, 2500 miles, mint, I’d seriously make an excuse to stand in his garage and just drool over it
    He dealt with SP motorcycles ( aprillia dealers ) down in Exeter ( independent set up ) run by two brothers, absolute pleasure to deal with.

12. I had one, a 2014 that I bought new. Brilliant bike - Aprilia warranty/after sales support and parts availability killed it for me sadly and I sold it as soon as the warranty ran out. A brand cliche.

13. I have a 2016 factory
    An amazing piece of well built quality engineering that really doesn’t have much competition on UK roads ..

Run it in well then let the power delivery, supreme handling and excellent electronics bring a smug smile to your face when you nail it:):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. OH..
    And a puig racing screen makes a big difference when it’s in its happy place:p

Enjoy

15. Thanks mate, sorry if i offended you, it wasn't my intention was meant as a joke.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yes indeed i love it so far, have to say i'm really impressed with the build quality...dare i say it possibly better than ducati?

17. Yes, been busy shopping for upgrades...
    Got as far as;
    rizoma leggara led indicators
    the usual r&g crash protection
    stomp grips for tank
    rizoma bar end mirrors
    giamoto rearsets
    asv levers

• Like Like x 1
  18. Long forgotten.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Congratulations on your piece of Italian awesome. I think they are great but just don't make sense for me. I borrowed my mates 2015 Tuono Factory for a day and the problem is that it's basically a full blown superbike with high bars and bugger all fairing. It wants to live at 150mph but doesn't have the fairings to make it practical to do that for any period of time. I very nearly went for one but in the end bought my S1000RR instead as I realised a naked bike was not going to work and the RSV4 was too focused for a do it all bike that I needed. I like the fact that a Monster 1200R is purposely a naked bike rather than a race bike without fairings, I think the magazine reviews should take this more into account as it's not all about figures on the road.

But that sound! Oooooohhh so sexy....

Do Not Sell My Personal Information