1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My New Italian

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Robarano, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Very nice. I've had a 2016 Factory and 2018 Factory, they're amazing bikes.
    Make sure you get the race map installed if you're putting the Akra can on it though

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Great choice Robarano,

I’m pretty certain the V4 1100 Tuono will be my next bike.

When you get to using it I’d be interested to know what tank range you get before the fuel warning light comes on, I know they are a bit thirsty, not bothered about that, but I need a range of about 120 miles before it hits reserve.

LED lights,..... I’m gonna play devils advocate here, just had one of the rear led indicators on my Panigale pack in, 10 days to get a new one ordered and £32 , fair enough.

But just imagine if this had happened as soon as you rolled off the ferry on the start of your 10 day Euro jaunt....yer fucked!
    Unless you can find a Ducati dealer who either has one in stock, or is prepared to rob one from an existing bike to get you away....very unlikely in both instances and also just hassle you don’t need.

Now imagine rolling off the same ferry and noticing one of your “untrendy” indicator bulbs had blown, well no problem...you’ve got one in the bulb kit that you carry when abroad ( you do carry a bulb kit as required by law over there don’t you???) or you think “ I’ll buy a new bulb for a couple of Euro next time I fill up”......so I ask you, are led indicators really better? Is this progress??
    Just made me think about which was most convenient when my led indicator went pop .

Keep us posted on your progress with the Tuono, great bikes, I love em!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Came home today to find this on the door mat. :) The postie did well to get it through the letterbox mind. o_O

IMG_8737.JPG

IMG_8738.JPG

IMG_8739.JPG

IMG_8741.JPG

• Like Like x 10
  4. I've got the same bike... most fun you can have with your clothes on.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Once you get addicted to the sound when accelerating there is no chance of 120 miles, I was lucky to get 20mpg but my god it’s worth it!!
    Also Rob be careful when filling her up as there is a tendency for fuel to splash back.
    There is a fix involving a hacksaw but I never bothered, just take it slowly.
    I want another one!!!

And for my latest tip I shall claim a spin on your Dessie......

#65 JAT, Jan 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Happy birthday @Robarano and good choice on your new Italian. I loves the sound of them motors. Especially with that new pipe on it

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Aprilia are optimistic with the speedo reading, and the mpg computer. They are italians after all!
    Last ride I did, me and me riding buddy swopped bikes for while. He has a Speed RS. I was on the Tuono.
    We both filled up last in Malton, and proceeded into the Dales. When we came across a fuel station, the light had just come on for the Tuono, so we pulled in. Me riding buddy Kev, said lets just pay for each others, save messing at the till, that was until the Tuono took £19, and the Speed took £12.
    Thing is, the tuono is making big torque and power, every touch of the throttle propels it forward in any gear, that uses fuel, the speed needs winding up, and if its not pulling like a train, its not using the fuel. I think you over rev the tuono just to listen to it. It claims 32mpg on the dash, its not,
    You get on average 100 miles between fills, but thats it. Oh and the fumes make your kit stink continually. (the wife claims) the engine is epic, and legendary. People who dont buy into 'aprilia' are missing out big time.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. My mate has one (just bought his third) and was told not to fit until the ECU was available.

9. Absolutely love my tuono, just make sure you have the race map unlocked for the akra.

any questions dont hesitate to ask.

Greg

IMG_3766.jpeg

bike pic.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  10. Cheers Greg. :)

Did that come from Scotland by any chance? :thinkingface:

11. Er scotland?? you've lost me.

12. I saw one for sale a month ago that was the double of that, it looked to be the same picture. My bad. o_O

13. Ah, i see gotcha...afraid not,'m a southerner

congrats on your purchase...you will love it.

Greg

• Like Like x 1
  14. Still have my rsv4 factory 9 years on.... I wouldnt bother with the stock race map.... Unplug the ecu and send it off to a guy called gabro on the af1 forum... He knows more than anyone about ecu programming for the v4... Mine was done by another lad on the af1 forum that tracked his for a good few years... Ive got the old pre aprc with the 3 basic wet, road and track... They were all replaced with one custom map but 3 different degrees of engine braking.... Awesome for the coastal road on the IoM.... Nice bike... They make a hell of a noise with a full system on them..

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Oh yeah.... I know the pipe is new.... Cut it down by 100mm...its the law.

16. I've never heard of this. :thinkingface:

17. Yeah - sorry mate - i dont make the rules...

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. Great bike you will love it. I had the 16 factory totally awesome. I toured Europe on it did the alps,stelvio all the passes in Switzerland lake garda Italy and back through the black forest B500. Bit thirsty but small price to pay for the sound track. I still got some parts if you are interested GB racing covers and some Pazzo gold levers. One mod i did do was buy the air filter for the rsv4 and that made a difference very cheap mod for more pulling power not that it's lacking. Enjoy

19. Fitted the air filter as well, cheap mod, you can get the kit for around £35, plug and play.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information