1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My New S1000r

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by bradders, Sep 23, 2018.

1. I didn't like to say... but as you have, yeah... only fly in the ointment ;)

2. Other half has a G310R in the same colour paint... erm stickers. Looks cool though! :D

3. Enjoy it Paul!

4. Completely agree, the RR is my go to all rounder. Problem is its too easy to ride too quick. I’m way faster overall on the RR than the 1299. ( on real world roads).

The pop, bang & fart are intoxicating. Hold the throttle just right (slight open/close action as you are rolling off) & you can prolong it almost right up to standstill.
    First electronic suspension bike I’ve had, & I’m a convert.

Congrats, you will love it.
    Great colour too.
    Keep us updated on your thoughts.

5. Hold tight over 70? My 1290 has less up front and it’s easy peasy up to 100..

Was tempted by the S1000R, it was just a little too straight laced compared to the Tuono and SDR, but that’s also part of the appeal.

6. Yeah unfortunately there is laquer or whatever over the tape. The HP wheels (optional extra & relative bargain IMO) do not have the tape.

7. Both the R & RR are definitely more straight laced than their respective competition, but it depends what you use the bike for.
    I tour ( cruise control :), commute year round (heated grips :) and like to make relative progress on our shitty roads ( electronic suspension:).
    Nakeds & supersports seem to be getting slimmer & smaller , I kinda like to old school fat tank and wide look.
    I even like the analogue rev counter.
    A lot of riders make the pani, new R1’s etc look like Mini Moto’s when riding them.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. The S1000R was the first alternative naked I tried when I was looking to replace my Speed Triple (before I bought the Streetfighter). Loved the chassis and brakes but it had significantly more wind blast than the Triumph and way more than the SF and I always felt the rear seemed to sit too low. I wanted my arse higher up and more weight on my wrists. Oddly, the Superduke I have now feels like it has more front-end bias than the S1000R despite having supermoto DNA.
    In the end though, performance aside, the engine just didn't engage the emotions enough for me, despite the pleasing induction growl. I much preferred the MT10 mill I test rode last week. Stick that in the S1000R's chassis and you'd have an absolute snorter. Shame it doesn't have the build quality of the BMW.
    Each to their own though and the S1000 is a great bike by any standard as long as you like the clinical character of I/L fours. Tricky if that's not your thing because it's one of the most clinical of the lot.

9. MT10 is about 20 up down on power. Just saying ;)

10. My comments were no way a criticism, it’s a great bike. My SDR has cruise control, heated grips and is more comfortable than any other naked I’ve ridden :p

I think when you get to the SuperDuke, Tuono and S1000R level, you’re splitting hairs.

What’s even better is that all 3 bikes will be significantly updated within the next 12-18 months o_O

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I’ve ordered some bar risers, see what they are like..!

Next will be head fairing, top box, maybe some hand guards.

Maybe I should have just bought the xe :thinkingface::joy::joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Didn’t take them as a criticism buddy. If I used mine as solely a Sunday fair weather plaything, I would definitely choose the other exotica.
    Yes, looking forward to seeing the next gen.
    IMO, the gen 1 RR redifined the superbike in 2010.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Had mine a couple of months now and its my 1st il4 litre bike, things that are immediately notable are the brakes are epic and the drive from any gear/toque surprised me, almost feels to low geared it pulls that well, cc is well thought out and so easy to use and is a licence saver, its well put together and the standard spec is mega for the money. Only downsides for me are some parts are just cheap, the chainguard is a joke and the suspension on the post 17 is to hard ,it needs a softer setting for relaxed riding, from what I have read the pre 17 suspension has a lot more adjustment, I will change the seat at some point and maybe the screen, I can hold on up to 130 so its not that bad. They are a great package for the price, not as pretty as the rsv4 or sdr.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Nice buy @bradders . I'm right on the verge of commiting to racing an S1000RR next year, either converting my current one or in an ideal world where I am richer I would get another one.

15. I know of a well sorted race one which has had full rebuild for about 7k... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. There's quite a few around but I'm only considering the Gen3 2015 onwards model with a newish engine. They changed the geometry and electronics in the Gen 3 which from what I can gather really livened up the feel of the bike. Even with this one I've always been a little unsure of it in comparison to the excitement of the Panigale so I think this one will be a good choice for racing where you want something more neutral and friendly in general as you know.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Enjoy your new bike Bradders. I've got to say it's a pretty damn ugly machine, beauty being the eye of the beer-holder and all. Though I get the performance, handling and braking thing.

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. The paving is done now you'll be pleased to hear.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. I think black wheels look awful without it, breaks up the monotony.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information