1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My New S1000r

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by bradders, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Not sure mate. Another forum I go on, one guy said he was taking his test, by the sound of it, its in a few parts, but it seems within a few weeks he's gone from no licence, or should I say L Plates and a 125, to now buying a new Triumph 900 summatorother. I know hes no teenager, but just wondering if the tests are age related or can a 17 year old simply do the required tests and jump on a 200hp missile?

Stuart

2. Tbh I think dynamic pro should not be used for the track as it disables most of the electronics and surely you want to be leaning on the electronics to help understand the bike and improve times. I only put it in dynamic pro for curiosity and while you would have to be riding like a twat to flip the bike the front comes up very quickly at 9k revs plus, in all other modes you will struggle to lift the front wheel as the electronics are that good.

3. I had a dream last night that putting a bikini fairing on my pani fucked my clocks up. So I pushed it back to the garage and subsequently discovered I'd lost my left handlebar. I mean, ffs, dreams are useless.

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. I test rode one, loved it, but in the end I decided roads, around here are just too rough for it, and the gearing was way to high for comfortable riding, and agree everything Bradders said, but a great bike. I tempted to try out a Suzuki GSX100R bargain prices.

5. Direct access (over 25?) means yo can jump off 125 straight on to latest superbike. Otherwise its 2 yrs restricted (33hp?) then the taps can be opened.

I can remember meeting a guy with a 916 that was restricted. Had about 3mm of throttle travel lol

6. Guy at works son's best friend died not long ago. Did his test etc and jumped on a GSXR1000 and died within a week.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  7. Aahhh so thats it, age related. Mind you I suppose it doesnt help all them wannabees having mid life crisis does it.

Stuart

8. Terrible thing Pavey, but it happens sadly.

9. Very sad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. A sad story. Wild presumption but i guess the dad wasn't a biker, as surely you would steer your son onto something smaller first.

11. I have no idea tbh. The guy I sit next to at work, it was his sons best friend and he told me the story as he knows Im a motorcyclist. I'm guessing your correct, (he is on site so cant ask directly) as who in their right mind would do that. Actually, I wouldve when in my 20's. We're fearless arent we.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Without being insensitive, was the GSX-R a factor? It'd be as possible for some people to kill themselves on an AR-50 as a litre-bike, and if this lad was the victim of circumstances beyond his control (hit by drunk driver for example) then again the bike itself and its power output mightn't have been the root cause.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. A lot of us older types would have gone for 50cc > 125cc > whatever our line of credit would run to... I know lads who were on ZXR-400s from the day they passed their test and ones who bought GSX-R750s or FZ600s. I got my Dad's old Superdream 250 as my first "big" bike... I'd fearlessly snap open the throttle with no regard for life or limb... ;)

• Like Like x 2
  14. All I know is he lost control on a bend and hit oncoming. You know how it is, as soon as someone finds out you ride bikes, they tell you their horror stories. Ive escaped death on a lambretta umpteen times due to my relative inexperience and frankly just being a dick.

15. As extremely sad as it is, it’s nothing to do me with my new S1000R :)

Which, tomorrow, shall get a proper going over ;)

• Like Like x 2
  16. Always good to keep one's mortality in mind in order to keep safe, especially on a new machine. Have fun and go safe dude.

• Like Like x 1
  17. When I bought my S1000RR I was going to sell it after a month as it felt boring compared to the Panigale but once slick mode was activated and I could turn down the electronics it transformed the bike. It was like it's character had been hid away in a box!

18. Well I am guessing you wheeled it out of the garage, looked at it and then wheeled it back in, shame on you :), was looking forward to you thoughts. Did 200 miles on mine yesterday, took a spanner and a socket and adjusted the suspension on route, nailed it now, set suspension as manual and it was way to harsh, 6 turns in on the front and 5 on the rear, more than happy now and this bike just keeps getting better.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Have you ridden it yet Bradders
    The suspense is killing me :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information