1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My New S1000r

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by bradders, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Me and my ride buddy are heading to north wales shortly on our S1000RR velocipedes. Will try and get some piccies up later.

Stuart

• Like Like x 2
  2. Nope, still not ridden. Spent all day in the garage. To my shame...!

3. To make up for @bradders lack of motivation, mine is going to get a darn good THRASHING next week as I head off to Italy to follow in the illustrious footsteps of @Robarano. I shall leave the Panigale alone in my garage crying...

• Like Like x 5

4. Clearly should have bought another Ducati... seem to ashamed to ride the BMW....:)

5. Would you say that is because it is a bmw and your just , meh on it or, more because like some bikes they are so designed for the track that being on the road seems overkill and not as enjoyable? I only mention that because when I chose a gixxa 750 over the 1000, that was the reason I felt best summed up my choice.

6. More meh for bikes tbh. Riding on my own has zero appeal.

• Like Like x 1
  7. @bradders roll March mate were get some tracks booked

8. Weather for next week looks promising, if you can get away for a day I would be up for a ride into Wales.

Suffering similar, not quite sure what it is, a lot of change in my life right now. Odd as with the MV I was out there whenever I got the chance yet I just seem to be focusing on next years tours at the moment.

9. What was the diagnosis @bradders ? Hopefully all got sorted in the end for you.

10. Not stripped yet.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. Did they have any idea, had they seen the symptom/s before?

12. They say 'never had an engine let go' every time I ask : unamused:

They suspect same as me: cam chain slipped and up hit down

13. Oh, fingers crossed for you anyway mate. Hopefully the evidence is so black and white it's a no brainer as a faulty engine.

14. Started process of rejection. If they didnt build the engine that well, what else didnt they build?! #fridaybike

• Agree Agree x 2

15. Had a re-read of this thread, and have since learned (and tried) that the chip that goes on the end of the cable is just a jumper, so a wire from contact to contact does the exact same thing. I've done that and now have Dynamic Pro on my dash (not tried it out yet though).

16. Had this for the weekend. 1250 engine, 102nm torque an 135hp. Far more fun than I expected but risinguesterday for a couple f hours almost impossible above 80. I was bing choked by my jacket at one point. Like the 1000 but worse.

So today tried it with leather jacket instead. I knew it would be slippier so may be better at cruising speeds. But..Can’t believe how different. Even with no screen a bit more than yesterday was ok for a while.

May be I should have tried the 1000 with a leather instead...
    A918918F-EC3E-4485-9A29-71C8C16B493A.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  17. I found that with my street triple, Certain helmets and jackets was night and day difference to other helmets and other jackets. Why I loved the Monster, you sit so much lower in the bike all the wind went over us short asses. :)

• Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1

18. I had one as a demo while mine was being serviced.
    I found the engine far too smooth, which translates to being a bit boring. Was glad to get my R back at the end of the day.

19. Its more me and my riding style these days tbh.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information