1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My New S1000r

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by bradders, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Quick update for anyone interested.

A bit of going & froing, getting close to a resolution towards a replacement bike. With luck, should know Monday if a replacement is 100% go and an estimate of when for delivery.

Its taken a bit of time, but I really can't fault BMW dealer or BMW so far too much. So much so I'm happy to spend more money on something else.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Glad it's working out for you, shame you've missed the summer...

3. I blinked and missed it too.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Top tip. :) :upyeah:

I used to get that on my Streetfighter with a textile jacket. I have a leather Dainese jacket that was part of a 2 piece suit I no longer wear, I'll give that a bash next time I'm out on the Hyperstrada I think, as I usually wear gortex jeans and a textile jacket on that. :thinkingface:

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  5. potential 12 week lead time, so thats 2019 over.

6. So much better with slippery/tighter fit leather

• Like Like x 1
  7. Been thinking of a second bike ( to go with ny Multi 1260) and something a bit different engine wise so test rode the R 1260 R and a R Nine T. Found the R 1260 R a it boring too- just did everything too easily- but the air cooled Nine T was a real joy and full of character.
    Hey ho that could be trouble..

• Like Like x 1
  8. Fingers crossed for a happy ending,

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. Thats normally Sat night after a steak meal
    :p LOL

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. so what you getting?

11. Leg over i think :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Plan is this...with factory lowered suspension

r_1250_gs_adventure_rallye_te.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  13. cool, but you gotta wait 12 weeks?

14. Factory build as it’s lowered. Don’t know yet, got to sort final details. 6-12 is their quoted timeframe

15. bradders,Looks like your going to take on chiZ next year for a epic overseas tour,,,what a beauty:upyeah:

16. Shops and back matey ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. As it's their fault, would they not loan you something else until the new one arrives:thinkingface:?

18. If I want a bike, they are happy to loan me one for a weekend when it’s needed.

But it’s hassle. Got to pick it up, leave car, can’t do too many miles, take it back Sunday before thy close...

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Get your money back and buy and ST2;)

20. Had one....the stands don’t last long :p

Do Not Sell My Personal Information