1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My New S1000r

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by bradders, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Bike orders, cost to replace acceptable, now just lead time and pay for it...then convince them to swap my kit over ;)

• Like Like x 3
  2. FC7A9198-FD47-44E3-B094-7183E76E07AF.jpeg Welcome to the world of GS’s:upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yeah, better get looking at luggage ;)

4. The Vario ones weight a tonne. Ally ones super light but you need the frame if your getting the standard GS. GSA has the frame anyway.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. I had vario on previous GS and yes, they weighed a ton! May go all-Ewan on this one. Plan to keep a few years and use for work. Then get a Ducati for fast road and track

• Like Like x 1
  6. The vario panniers though are much narrower than the rack plus Ali boxes. Bet the weight is the same or less as well once the frames are added in. Ali probs better for packing as the rh side will not have a cut out for the exhaust?

Even with various still wide, that’s why I used the top box on the Ardennes trip, knowing I had periphique filtering to deal with.
    Plus and minus choices. Great bikes.

Conti Road attack 3 at first opportunity. :upyeah:
    Happy tractoring.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Top box has always been my first choice, I have a habit of forgetting I have panniers fitted when filtering, eh @Dave :confused::joy:

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. BTW can you turn stuff off so it wheelies?

9. Mine wheelies. Widest part of the GS is the mirrors. Which are the same height as a lot of van side mirrors. Had many a close pass with messers DPD, UPS and DX etc etc.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jesse or Givi IMO.

11. you have a cut out on RH side for the exhaust... or LH side if it's a proper one... ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. One droid on the GS forum put a low slung silencer on his GS so he could fit 2 full size side panniers on!

13. there isn't an emoji for spacker is there?

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Have been told panniers can be very close to the road with enthusiastic cornering :innocent: So low slung exhaust not a great idea.
    Some folk though....

15. Main stand decks out too. As well as o/e ally panniers if you want them to:upyeah:

16. Which, let's face it... sometimes its just fun.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. @bradders what ducati you going to get mate?

18. No idea really. Gixer got to go, then if timing and cash right a gen 2 R. TBH I quite like the idea of a 1200 monster with clip ons: would be ok on road and a good track weapon. And look kinda cool

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Givi Top box, then you keep it for all other bikes, would not bother with panniers, just use a big dry bag across the back seat in front of top box

• Like Like x 1
  20. If I ever go back to road riding (unlikely), then the 1200R would be on my radar.
    Looks cool, fun and way fast enough

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information