1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My New Toy...

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by CINNABULL, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Picked up a 765 Street Triple RS today. Jeez after the S1000RR its is just so SOOOO comfortable. Its just like I remember my old 675 Striple R, but better in every department. Its smooth, torquey, revy, stops pretty good so far, well, I've only brought it home but the Brembos bite like hell, and the TFT dash is simply loveleh. Got a few nice extras on it as well, all I need now is some warmer weather and free weekends !!

[​IMG]

Stuart

• Like Like x 18
  2. No more s 1000 rr Stuart ? Time for another Duc?

3. You know what, I may get the new Diavel.. I Loved my old one, and once the new ones have been out a bit and dropped a bit s/h who knows. Deffo wont be a sport bike though !!

Stuart

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nice bike, mate! Need to pop over sharpish. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Agreed. Need to get these house jobs out of the way then get my bikes back and we’ll be over!

6. One of my fav bikes
    I love all the nuts and bolts

7. Did you not fancy the S1000R Stuart, after the RR?

I actually think mine may be the best bike i have ever ridden/had.

8. I thought about it tbh and actually went to Williams in MCR and was offered anreally good deal. But I just felt it was more of the same, but less, if you know what I mean. Lovely bike but too similar to the RR. Tell you what, had a little blip out on the Striple today and loved it.

Stuart

• Like Like x 2
  9. Have you seen the 44teeth review? They love it.

10. So the verdict on this base becoming a new Daytona is positive?

11. Starting to fall in love with mine now after 1700 miles . I liked it but didn't love it after my MV . It felt a bit bland, almost to good .
    would love the white, but it wasn't availbale when I bought mine .
    Just changed my Arrow, for SC Projects

20190209_130658.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. Love these bikes. Some people look down on them as an entry level bike, but they just don’t know. These bikes are so much fun, for a beginner or a seasoned pro.

I’m currently weighing up the 765 or the 1050 RS - can’t go wrong with either.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. You know what Jimmy, thats exactly right. When I bought my first Striple a few years back I had actually gone in to buy a Speed Triple. The sales manager actually suggested I try a Striple and the rest is history. They have more than enough power for the road, handle exceptionally well, they are light and flickable, good on fuel and just done everything very well. I doubt there are actually many riders who can use one to its FULL potential on the road, I know I cant. And thats one of the reasons I shifted my S1000RR on, it was just way overkill in every dept. The Striple is simply a more enjoyable useable ride.

Stuart

• Like Like x 3
  14. Thats the way I feel about my old Monster. its a really enjoyable ride everytime.

• Like Like x 1
  15. And isnt that what its all about?? Enjoyment, if you’re happy with the ride and actually look forward to the next one. Gotta be it for me.

Stuart

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. I had a Street Triple R back when it was first launched and loved it. I got a few funny comments when I went from a Tuono V4 1100 to a Daytona 675 R, but nothing beats the triple for smiles per mile.

The whole “no replacement for displacement” attitude is usually from people who 50p corners and spend more time drinking coffee at bike cafes than riding :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

17. On this note, i got caught recently doing 59mph in a 50 zone. Took the speed awareness course option, am now a changed man.

Since then, and you can't tell anyone as i have street cred to keep up, i've been riding the S1000R in rain mode. More than enough for the road, and every time i look down at the dash it reminds me to slow the f*** down. Can't afford to get points on the licence.

Power is still the same, just the bike is a bit tamer, so i get less carried away. Still a licence loser and dangerous beast, but absolutely no reason to have any more power than it does.

Between us, ok?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Haha, your secrets safe here Pavester. Dunno about everyone else though lol.

Stuart

• Like Like x 1
  19. To paraphrase Alan Rickman in 'Die Hard' "Nice bike. Triumph Speed Triple RS. I have one myself."

I had 2 S1000Rs (2015 and 2017) and although the Street Triple lacks the torque, it is just such insane fun on the UK roads. You can hoon along and fling it around corners with huge confidence. The S1000R was all just huge acceleration and corner terror. Fuelling was also awful on low speed constant throttle. The quality of finish on the Triumph is also sky high. Better than my V4.

• Like Like x 1
  20. D68FDD0B-7A96-4FAD-AD97-5E2A97CF9977.jpeg
    I’ve got the speed triple r ,lovely bits of kit

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information