1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 My Panigale: It's Going To Be A Long Week...

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Exige, May 13, 2018.

1. Stu,,,,Congratulations on your purchase very yummy,i see the chicken pots are spreading Fast;)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Warms my heart to hear happy customers of V2 Pani, Looks a beautiful thing.

3. I think I've been given some standard cans from another bike here. :thinkingface: I'll dig the box out at some point and look for part numbers to trace its origin.

I was surprised to be given the box at the time tbh, my understanding was that there was only one system on the R and that was on the bike. Oh well, nothing spoiling.

The system on the bike is definitely a Ti Akrapovic system (My wheel stickers say so) :)

#23 Robarano, May 14, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Bikes in the background look interesting... Matthew's place?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Perhaps the previous owner bought some standard cans to use at Brands hatch? I never used them but I did the same.

6. Congratulations on an awesome machine :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Brands Hatch? I don't think it ever left his garage. :)

8. The Akra race end cans are all the same some are badged as Ducai Performance and some are just Akra branded ( these are quite rare ) just make sure they come with the correct link pipe.

9. Cans are 100% 1199/899 , measure the pipes , if they are 60mm they are 1299, if they are 55mm they are 1199/899

• Useful Useful x 1
  10. The marketing blurb says the Pani R System is larger bore than the 1299 :thinkingface:

11. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Never heard of that one but every days is a school day, I have had 2 Akra systems one off a mk 1 sl and a dp one, cans were the same but with different branding and the link pipes were totally different , hence why I say make sure the link pipe is correct , as you know the r comes with ti headers but it must have the exhaust flapper valve in the link pipe area, the dp Akra race headers have no valve.Pics are of my full system off the sl

12. This is from MCN at Launch (from the press pack info):
    'Made in conjunction with Akrapovic, the exhaust is obviously street legal – but not exactly quiet! The Panigale R gets a full titanium system with larger pipes than the 1299, while the mufflers are finished with a carbon end cap. The system is an impressive 2.5kg lighter than the old version.'
    Link:
    https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-reviews/ducati/1199-panigale-r/2015/

• Useful Useful x 1
  13. Mcn reported that the anniversario had ltd edition gold tinted Akras lol, can't comment if they are larger diameter as I do not know , photos above are of full Akra race headers and 899/1199 headers

14. And they also said The 999 Fila had Magnesium wheels - that was from the press pack too!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Another great purchase :upyeah: May even see you about on this if you take it on the road. Congrats. :cool:

16. I will have an R1, a YR5 and two 1098R's on the road this year - I'm not made of money dude :eek:o_O:cold_sweat:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. I might be having one of the 1098Rs, Elise. Trubba not.

18. I mean't cos you are local to me if that was lost in translation. lol

19. You should donate these to someone who really wants it... :innocent: *chough* me *chough*

20. Here is a pic of the Akra branded cans, quite rare to find them as most come with dp branding. IMG_8570.JPG

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information