1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Safety Related Good Deed

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by camelfarmer, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Took my uncle to Fowlers in Bristol yesterday to get him a new helmet. He's got a bike in Sri Lanka and was riding around with a 20 quid helmet. He didn't wanna spend much, initially starting at 50 quid and then going up to a 100. Bare in mind this fool has all the money you can ever want. He's wearing an Omega watch and has just bought a new car for over 100K. He just doesn't believe he will ever crash. All the usual nonsense 'I only ride on the weekend' 'I ride slow' 'it's only a small bike'.

Anyway finally I get him to get a nice HJC RLPHA 11 pro jobbie reduced from 360 to 190, and some decent RST full leather gloves. Couldn't get him to get any more kit, but I was really pleased with the outcome. I didn't actually know much about the helmet, but the reviews are very good, and that's a great deal. The 20 quid helmet was probably gonna do nothing more than hold some of the blood and bone fragments in if he did crash. Well chuffed I am.

• Like Like x 9
  2. Good on ya.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well done, he could have been the richest corpse in the cemetery...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Clearly you are not mentioned in his will.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Were you on commission?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information