1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My ST4s 1098 (with other mods)

Discussion in 'Sport Touring' started by Bulletbill, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Nice work - youve got the exhausts where I would like mine on my ST4 916

2. Exhausts not a difficult job. You can't fit panniers anymore though, but I didn't get on with them anyway, I use an adapted Ventura system. Much better for me.

3. How is BulletBill getting on, please?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Hi all.
    I've not been on the forum for a long while!
    The bike is still going strong, done a couple more alpine trips, but sadly not used enough! Now done @ 18k with no issues. Needs a service with belts, then I am reluctantly going to advertise it to sell. What do you think it's worth?

6. Here is myDucati ST4 SP 1198.I bought a salvage 1198sp and used the engine,electrics,fuel tank,ohlins forks,ohlins rear shock,single side swing arm,multistrada1200 wheels.Biggest problem was fitting the 1198 air box not a lot of room.Also strengthened the frame around the headstock and outriggers welded to the frame at swing arm mountings.The rear shock top mounting was also moved to fit the single side swing arm.I used the alloy tank from the sp as it was easier to fit rather than cut a section out the original sT tank to clear the larger air box.Other mods 48 tooth slipper EVR clutch, QD rear sprocket carrier,exhaust is a 1098 street fighter modified to single outlet and Arrow silencer.Fitted ohlins steering damper from SP and also quickshifter.Carbon parts,front hugger,rear hugger,swing arm cover,number plate holder,heel plates.Had the engine set up on a Dino with a power commander 5 and 161 BNP and 95 no torque at back wheel so probably 175 BNP at crank.First few runs on it were taken easy as I didn't know what to expect but as my confidence grew and a few alterations to suspension settings,dropping front forks about 10mm.It was unlike any ST I have been on.Performance was very fast and the handling tight and controlled.Went out one day with my friend and his Suzuki Hyabusa as a comparison in performance and beat him in acceleration.Top spear reading 175 on speedo(on a private road)Done over 3000 miles since ,touring and sport riding and no problems,changed rear sprocket from 38 to 40 as it was too high geared and now much sweeter.IF Ducati had made this bike who knows,the ST in a very underrated motorcycle.Sold the bike a few months ago and is now in Denmark.Been thinking about a V4 in an ST now that would be something else. IMG_1165.JPG IMG_0641.jpg IMG_0637.jpg IMG_0638.jpg IMG_0639.jpg IMG_0640.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  7. I'd be interested in seeing how this goes. Absolutely regret selling my ST4S , twice.(Long story)
    I have a multi 1200S now but its not as good as the old ST for what i want to do with it.
    Throw a number out there.

8. Hi all.
    I know I said a couple of years ago I may consider selling my bike. For some reason I can't seem to put it in the "for sale" section.
    The bike now has titanium cans and does not have the steering damper fitted as it never needed it!
    Belts, oil and filters were done summer '21.
    New dunlop roadsmart 3s.
    Fork service also done.
    The bike is available to view at Bury Motorcycle Centre.
    I just wanted to let people on here know first before it goes in the trader next week.
    £6000 ono.
    Pm me for additional info.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. You need to subscribe to the forum, costs £5, to advertise. Andy

10. Ahh right ok. Thanks

11. @Bulletbill

What a bike !
    Fantastic work .... well done !

Where did you get the seat ? ..... I'd really like one of them

#52 oldtech, Mar 5, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2022
Do Not Sell My Personal Information