1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My SuperDuke

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Dave, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Just thought I'd post a pic

P1080125.JPG
    [​IMG]

I bought this after a frustrating year on my 996SPS when I started feeling that I needed something that was more fun more of the time. If I'm honest the SPS only really works on race-track like roads and race-track like speeds - or on an actual race-track of course!

It was when the HyperMotard came out that I decided to go for it - so I booked a test ride. The Hyper was great fun, but sensible chap that I am I thought I'd better test-ride the alternatives. I tried the Speed Triple, Tuono, SuperDuke and SM950 - and the SuperDuke just blew me away. The most fun you can have with your clothes on! It may not be a Ducati but it is a V-Twin and it is a Duke ... a SuperDuke ;)

#1 Dave, Mar 7, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Looks good in black. :cool: (although they remind me of Kryton from RedDwarf ;) )

3. What's the riding difference as you see it between the bikes you tried, why did S duke come out on top ?

4. Difficult to remember the details tbh as it was a few years ago. The SD just stood out as the most fun. It still makes me giggle every time I ride it. Very direct connection between throttle and rear wheel. Great handling, very plush suspension. The SM950 was second favourite - the height and long travel suspension were negatives for me. Next was the Triumph. Nice, but the build quality wasn't up to that of the KTMs and in the end I like my twins. The HyperMotard was good, but didn't handle as well as the SD and wasn't as practical. The Tuono was my least favourite - it felt huge and unweildy next to all the others. All a matter of personal taste of course.

5. Nice one, thanks.

6. Kryton is lovely, and so is your bike

7. Thanks Katie ... I think so too :upyeah:

8. Did you ever try a Brutale?

9. My mate has the KTM 990 SM and rates it. Ive has a little play on it and its awsome fun.

He has fettled it slightly though. Race cans, moto Hooligan airbox, PC3 and sorted susp. For what it is, it goes like stink!

Im considering getting either a 990SM or a 990superduke. May have to take a test ride on the Duke soon.

10. No I didn't - it wasn't even on the market when I bought the SD and TBH MVs are a bit too poncy for my taste anyways.

11. Lovely looking bike, though I'm biased!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. I really like them, also like the RC8 too and they do sound good :upyeah:

13. Had a 950SM 5 years ago and it's still the best bike I've owned, only chose that over the SD because of tank range and I'd planned on doing some long trips

14. Nice bike! Awesome aggressive styling.

Pete

Do Not Sell My Personal Information