1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Take On 996/1098 Mongrel Build!

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by doogalman, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Understatement of the year

2. lol, done few bike bits years ago but these days I do the odd roof with it. Fantastic product but I have to factor into the cost new everything in the way of clothing and shoes as there is no cleaning of em after!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Hi dooglman,

Did you used to post on DSC years ago? Cos if so, I used to be on there as DC. Dunno if you recall me? I had an 853, then a 996sps??

I had a 916/1098 hybrid but have since broke it up/sold it. If you were in uk, I could help with the airbox and exhaust as they were from my own conversion and would probably bolt right on.

4. Yes it is me, there's only ever one Doogalman.
    I vaguely remember your bike, what was your views of your 1098 conversion, any hints or tips to anyone embarking on the journey.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. pm'ed :)

6. you building another?

• Like Like x 1
  7. he's always building another

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Having a dabble :)

9. post pics dawg!

10. Don't want to hijack, so I'll start a separate thead at some point.
    IMG_3117.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  11. Feel free to hijack

• Like Like x 2
  12. (his engine needs a clean)

13. Humph!

• Love You Love You x 1
  14. I'm hoping thats on its way apart, not together ;)

• Funny Funny x 1

15. The project will always suck up more money than you had planned.

Start with the airbox conversion and work out from there. If this is done right, the rest will slot into place.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Not too
    much money
    airbox is coming together, main new base is in gf then being skinned in cf. fits nice, just final skinning to finish on the inside, tb linkage nice and clear of airbox.
    Mount injectors next,

Nelson, what do you do with coils, i have stick coils but going to use 996 ones initially as i know it works?

17. Stick with the 996 ones with the 996 loom. Although you may have to consider plug cap length.
    There was huge debate on MS as to wether the sticks would work with the 996 loom/ecu. It was never concluded IIRC.
    I go with 1098 loom and ecu now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Yeah, I saw all the stuff about sticks working or not, which is why i'm going 996 coils. Cap length i have just trimmed the shroud cap so the plug leads snap on as the should but the top sits slightly lower down the plug hole. Coils still fit to original crossmember mounts and no problem with length.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ^what I did MK1

• Like Like x 1
  20. what's the benefit of the 1098 loom/coils?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information