1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Mystery Connector

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by markfireblade, Aug 5, 2022.

1. Well a mystery to me anyway.
    2015 1200S DVT.
    Found this under the seat, RH side, which appears to be 2 halves of the same connector, but not.... connected.
    Can someone tell me what it's for please? Everything on the bike seems to work which makes it more mysterious. The pointing upwards bit has very little wiring behind it so I can't pull it up for a better view, but there's just enough for the two halves to fit together. Pretty much the same for the other bit.
    Thanks in advance....
    Mark
    20220805_131324~4.jpg 20220805_131330~3.jpg

2. That plug is for the exhaust valve, that has been unplugged does the bike have nonstandard exhaust ??

• Like Like x 1
  3. You might find that there's a module plugged into the downward facing side (going back to the ECU) of this. An after-market exhaust servo eliminator from Healtech or Ducee. This will prevent the dash displaying an error message about a servo/valve failure.

• Like Like x 1
  4. As per the above but if it remains like that, find a small thick plastic bag and cover it, wrapping said bag with a small zip tie.
    It will collect water other wise.
    If you have electrical grease (Die-elctric grease) put plenty in to prevent corrosion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. When I fitted the Termi I found the previous had disconnected the cable to the flapper and locked it open so I don't know if there's an eliminator fitted. Anyway the bike is happy so I'll seal those connectors and leave as is.
    Thanks for your help all.

6. It’s for the powerbands.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Don’t take any notice…. He’s pulling your plonker.!…

8. Metaphorically speaking!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information