1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Name Something You Used To See/ Appreciate, But Is Now No More

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by wroughtironron, Feb 14, 2019.

1. Interceptor

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Morris J Type

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  3. Bedford Beagle

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  4. Commer Cob

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. If we were lucky, we got a lump of coal each for Xmas

Those days are gone now though.... I'm in the new world !

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Are you sure,450hp?

8. It seems like the racing version could get up there - wish I had a couple :oops:

On the motor racing side, the CSL won 6 championships in European touring car racing (in 1973, 75, 76, 77, 78 and 79). The racing version had its 3.2 engine tuned to 340 horsepower, and later upgraded to a dohc 24V 3.5-litre good for 480 hp. The Group 4 CSL even employed a 3.2 dohc 24V turbo engine with 750 hp and 212 mph top speed ! they beat the contemporary Porsche 911 RSR and 935 and set the brightest record in the company's motorsport history.

Were there any weaknesses? yes, the Karmann built body was notorious for rusting, so never drive the CSL in rain.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. my toes

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Thats more than an F1 of the time!

• Like Like x 1
  11. The comedians (tv show)

• Like Like x 2
  12. That evocative aroma that once smelt is never forgotten
    CASTROL R

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Twin swirls of Bel Ray 2 stroke fragrance

14. When i was an apprentice mechanic back in the very late 70's early 80's , i went to guildford tech.
    We all had 2 strokes of course , mine an rd250e and most of the others had rd200's . We all used to go out mob handed but god help you if you got stuck behind 'fludo' for the evening who ran castrol R , you would get home completely stinking of the stuff , happy days lol
    Puddy :)

• Like Like x 2
  15. LOL. old mans out

Do Not Sell My Personal Information