1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1198 Need A Ride. 848, 1098 Or 1198?

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by fabriciom, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Carby 900ss is what you need!!

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  2. The 1198 is the best bike I've had and I will have another one

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. What do you mean with that you can lower the urgency and blip?

4. I tend to 'press on', but every now and again I may relax a little and have a more sedate ride.

5. I really can’t ride too fast around here. Too many twists and turns.

6. Erm, twists and turns means fast to me. if they are generally empty, them Im envious.

Test one.

7. Thing is if I buy one (1198) its gonna be for ever because they are going cheap because they have 3> previous owners. So I won’t be able to sell it unless I give it away.

Back roads are mostly empty on the weekends, specially at lunch time.

8. Well, outta your list, the 1198 is the only one I'd have. Asides a 1098R of course.

9. Thank you very much for your insights and comments. :upyeah:

10. my 1198 isnt bad at all in town, just keep the revs up a bit more but id did drop a tooth on the front sprocket.

11. The 1198 is the best for future value of all the bikes you mention :upyeah:

12. 848 evo would be a good shout mate, nice useable power.

13. 1198 is a beast. Mountains are great playgrounds for them. You won’t go 300kmh on the passes, but the 100ftlbs of torque will fire you out of every hairpin and corner like nothing else. Just be ready to ride it and tame it. Get ‘on top’ of it, and it will be more exciting than an 858/1098... but if you don’t ‘own it’, you will be it’s slave and fear it all the time. Then you’ll find it’s too much...

It’s not about the bike, it’s the rider who can make the most of it or not.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Get a 1098, drop a tooth on the front sprocket, job done. 1198's have horrible frame colours(grey etc) yuk! ;)
    Red bike, red frame, 160 BHP :punch:

15. My old 1198 had 170rwbhp. Just saying...:skull:;). White ones are the best.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. I actually like the 1198s in red with gold wheels. Love that setup

17. Or - red bike, red frame, (black wheels), 170bhp = 1198S

18. Get what you love - job done :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  19. White with gold wheels is what you want.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Right so I finally made my mind up. I'm looking for an 1198s or 1098r. If I can't find one I'm willing to go with an 1098s. Life is too short to ride ugly bikes.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information