1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Battery Area Help Please

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by RexDangerVest, May 15, 2020.

1. Good idea. I've always used bits of folded cardboard.

2. I was actually using a little piece of shrink tubing but for whatever reason I just could not get it all lined up.
    Still glad I did it myself.

Rex

3. If it's useful, Rich at Louigi Moto uses a small piece of kitchen scourer - not the foam, but the fibre layer. Just gives a bit of lift but doesn't stop the screw going through. Also should last a while!

• Useful Useful x 3
  4. Interesting zip ties..

5. not stiff enough..... I'll get my coat.
    I was never sure why the gap under a battery terminal was so big, that this problem existed in the first place... any ideas forum people?

6. I reckon it's big enough so that the screw doesn't bottom out and damage the terminal if it is screwed down with no connector fitted, then of course when you fit the connector with one or two additional items like the ABS conection and and Optimate connector the screw is too short to reach the nut. If the nut was a mm or 2 thicker packers would be unnecessary.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yeah, but like they like to say... we have sent men to the moon... they could improve this.
    Those are all valid points.
    BUT
    Why aren't the nuts and bolts standard across manufacturers?
    Why aren't the nuts captive in there.
    Why isn't there a captive spring under the nut pushing it into place?
    Why isn't there an indentation under the nut to accommodate the longer bolt?

AND
    WHY isn't the nut was a mm or 2 thicker packers would be unnecessary.

Rex

Do Not Sell My Personal Information