1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Need Some Dims

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by The Pearl - Paul, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Perfect thanks, that is exactly what I need

I'll let you know my progress :)

2. Because you don't have to be perfect with the size, I just need the overall size of the shape, based on that I can shape it and calculate the rest of the angles etc.

The principle of winglet (downforce, stability, breaking and less wheelie) requires only the location of both winglets to be on the same exact location on both side of the fairings to work, that is one thing that is not hard to achieve.

You can buy the v4r winglets that anyone can, but it's not the same as having the motogp winglets is it? And that you can't buy.

Like GP 16 winglets

test-motogp-day1-3.jpg

3. Hi all,

Just a quick update, I've started drawing the base shape for the bottom winglet,

Just wanted you guys to see the progress

20200923_224133.jpg

20200923_224152.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  4. Update on progress so far with the winglets, design is complete on the upper side and getting printed as I'm typing it now - material used is reinforced carbon

20200927_205837.jpg

Screenshot_20200929-171052_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200929-171113_Gallery.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  5. Wow! Super impressive! :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Thanks bud, the parts should be ready by 11am today fully printed, I just need to finish the design on the bottom winglets and print them too

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pretty cool especially from Mary’s dims :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  8. True! My dims were sketchy at best.... I hope they fit ok :laughing:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  9. whats the aerodynamic calculations regarding your dims? or are they just pretty?

• Like Like x 1
  10. That I will test as soon as I install it on the bike, considering superleggera's winglet produce 50kg of downforce at 200mph, this will be in between 20-40 with the bottom winglets also,

I will test the difference with or without once installed on the bike as I got two pairs of fairings

• Like Like x 1
  11. They will fit, i needed the overall dims of the winglets from you, but the angle and courve of the bike i took it from my bike, I needed the size of the wings itself

Next thing is the location on the panels - i need to calculate the lean angle at 65° of the bike to see the position and and have them not to touch the ground at that angle - that's the max point of grip on the front before you skid :))

• Like Like x 1
  12. And also a picture of the widened nose cone after paint

20200930_085325.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  13. Well, sorry for not posting the progress, been busy moving houses also..

Partially complete, still need a bit of tinkering, not perfect but there it is

Hope you guys like it!

20201104_143527.jpg

20201104_194518.jpg

20201104_180051.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  14. Second picture looks a bit dim...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Looks amazing! What’s going on with your seat? Funky....

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Thanks!
    Been used a lot cracked but still comfy tho

• Like Like x 1
  17. Performance wise so far,
    Only went up to 95mph but you feel the bike more stable, a bit heavier than before as you can feel the front being pushed down and breaking wise, it feels like an r6 engine break when you release the throttle

Can't actually say what downforce it gives but if you feel that already around 90mph then it's doing something

18. Wow. Worth doing then? I’ve toyed with the idea of wingage.... Wondered if they work or I’d just snap them off in the garage....

• Like Like x 1
  19. It is worth it, I worked a lot on this, worth it in the end so :)

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information