1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nemesis Front Wheel Sensor Arm Rotating

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by andrewinuk, May 29, 2019.

1. ...so how do i stop it?

Everything is tightened up with the correct Nemesis spacer, but the sensor arm rotates slowly in the direction of the wheel rotation. Thinking this is definitely NOT supposed to happen.

Anyone seen or resolved this before? Thoughts appreciated.

Bike is an 848 with std Showa forks, but not std wheels, though thought this shouldn't affect things.

2. picture would help:upyeah:

3. Hmmmm, never had this myself.

Here's my sensor with the wheel removed. Obviously the spacer pushes the Nemesis bracket against the fork leg, keeping it in place. My bike also has non standard wheels (BST Carbon)

So -
    • Have you torqued up your front wheel spindle correctly (63nm)?
    • Have you torqued it up before your fork pinch bolts?
    • Are your pinch bolts torqued correctly (19nm)?
    • Are your wheel bearings running freely?
    • The Nemesis bracket is hard plastic (*Edit, apparently it's alloy). Is it damaged?
    • Is the wheel ring fitted correctly? Is it catching the sensor?
    Screenshot 2019-05-29 at 10.50.12.png

Screenshot 2019-05-29 at 11.02.08.png

#3 Robarano, May 29, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2019
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. An image from the manual as the bike is at a mates place till the weekend.

upload_2019-5-29_10-59-15.png

5. Good questions and thanks for the torque values :)

I'll check all this when I get to the bike on Saturday, but this should get everything sorted if nothing is amiss, as don't believe the bracket is damaged.

Thoughts much appreciated!

6. Double check the pinch bolt value of 19nm, Andrew.

Both the 1098R manual (Ohlins) and 848 manual (Showa) state 19nm for the pinch bolts, torqing in a 1-2-1 pattern, but I was under the impression this value was different for each manufacturer.

Maybe not, but worth a check :upyeah:

Screenshot 2019-05-29 at 11.06.09.png

• Like Like x 1
  7. Just thought of soomething else. If your wheels are non standard, have you recently had new bearings put in? :thinkingface:

I'm thinking they may not have been seated correctly, but are now moving inboard with use, hence not pinching the Nemesis bracket against the fork leg. Unlikely but just a thought. :idea:

• Like Like x 1
  8. The bracket is ally.
    The clamping force on the spindle nut is enough to hold it in place.
    If it is rotating, something is forcing it around. Check pin/sensor gap. Or even that the inner bearing race isn't seized to the outer.
    I fit mine against the caliper bracket to locate it.

9. Hmmm, maybe it is. Can't say I've had a great look at it tbh. Makes sense. :upyeah:

10. Thanks both for your thoughts. I'll have a good fiddle on the weekend and work out the issue. And worst case i'll put it against the caliper bracket as a temporary fix.

Just got my USB from the bloke at Nemesis but it is missing the Manual and Tyres so there is a building list of things to do before my track day on 6th of June!

11. Pin gap is OK, thank goodness or that would have meant it was properly buggered :)

But will be checking bearings and my spare wheel to see if they both have the same issue.

Thanks!!

12. Sorted! I had the wrong spacer on one side. Note to self..... Must be tidier when working on multiple bikes.

Thanks for the help all!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. :eek:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information