1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Neutral Not Displaying

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Trickyricky, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Not sure if it's the same as yours...however I changed mine last night on a 1098R and the electric plug just pulls off the actual switch. It has a connector at the top. Just pull the wire off then you can get a normal 14mm socket on it. Access is a pain though.
    But just check yours is in 2 parts also before pulling it!!

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. I'm just going to motorapido now for annual service, Will ask them and let you know asap

3. OK, am at Ducati and Craig in parts, has a sensor on the shelf, the cable does not detach. So you'll have to use one of the above methods as discussed. Good luck.

4. So finally managed to replace the sensor. I would say to anyone, get it done at a service interval or if your having the bike in for any other reason, Why , because the dealer will likely charge you an hours labour because they also need to road test the bike after.

Anyway I did manage it by using a 16mm deep socket which I had to customise using a angle grinder and cutting a section out to take the cable. I did purchase a set but it contained a 17mm socket which was to big for the hole.
    all oxygen sensor sockets seem to be 22mm so no good.
    I also purchase a box spanner which I cut down, this was used to start off the new sensor going in.
    Finally I purchased a universal socket which was the key to getting in the awkward space.

My advice, don't bother to do it yourself unless you have the tools, get it done when the bikes in for a service. Preferably when still in warranty unlike mine.
    the life expectancy of this part in my experience is 2-3 years.

What a kafuffle.

Thanks for the suggestions especially Wayne58 :upyeah:

• Like Like x 2
  5. No problem @Trickyricky , glad I could help and that it worked out in the end. :upyeah:

6. Had the no neutral light problem, light would only flash when shifting into 2nd gear.
    Might be just a temporary fix, but this worked for me after some trial and error!....
    Removed the sensor after finding a 16mm spark plug socket and 19mm ratchet spanner could just fit after drilling the centre out to 11mm.
    Sensor worked fine for all other gears, but seemed out of calibration for neutral so tried adding a tiny blob of solder to the end of the plunger. Some filing and smoothing to get the right length and has been working fine for the last few days[​IMG]

#26 daddypew, Jul 14, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
  7. Still working fine?

8. Nope! Lasted a few weeks, so bought new sensor..

9. Sorry for thread resurrection but I have this problem currently - cut a slot in a 16mm Socket this morning and managed to remove old sensor successfully after some time and swearing.

However - before I ordered a new one, I thought I would see how tricky to fit it would be, so refitted the old one, and found I needed to use tension in the cable by twisting it to get the sensor to bed onto the thread as I couldn’t do it with the socket, it’s not a particularly deep socket.

Question/opinions: does anyone know how hardy the sensor cables are, and is using that approach likely to screw up the new one as I am fitting it, or should I just get a deeper 16mm socket and cut it again?

TIA

Do Not Sell My Personal Information