1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Never Go To A Bike Show After A Few.

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Irish, Nov 20, 2018.

1. [​IMG]

Best way to describe it me thinks !

2. Stunning, I was looking at the tourer like the multistrada but MV version but couldn't find a nice low mls version so I ended up with my Diavel which I'm very happy with and massive congrats on the new purchase and a keeper on the partner side for sure . P.S my partner bought my Diavel as a Xmas present to me for putting up with her for 11 years and paying all the bills , who am I to argue lol

3. Thanks. Cant go wrong with the Diavel. I love mine and can never see myself getting rid of it. The wife might go first :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Someone actually rode an early version. Don't know Italian so the best I could do was download a picture. Paint on this one looks darker, not sure what will actually show sometime this year if at all. B_mv-agusta-brutale-1000-serie-oro-2019-4_55424.jpg

5. It’ll be worth it when it does arrive. In the mean time get your Mrs to put a deposit on something more readily available as well. :p

6. Your not wrong,I had to show her a picture of the bloody thing so she could remember what it looked liked. All I got was "is that what we ordered? It looked different at the show"
    Typical!!

7. Stunning that.... like it a lot! .... MV factory aren't scared of making something completely bonkers and ripping up the rule book. Mental!! ....and fair play to you for putting your hand up for one. Totally gets my vote.....

8. Thanks Dave, we will see what shows up. I had an opportunity to chat with the head lad at Ducati, the v4 street fighter is close and will be bad arse from what he says. The v4 in a naked will be insane.

9. I’d have this way over any Ducati streetfighter

Hope you get it soon - my sprag has left Italy hopefully they’ve packed it with your bike ;)

10. To California :thinkingface:

11. Knowing my luck both items will show up at Char's place.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. Had to bring this old thread back to life, look what showed up in SoCal today. I got this pic from the dealer. #14.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  13. Coming from Italy, I’d give it a thorough wipe with disinfectant first.

That was one hell of a wait. Enjoy it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Thanks Sam. A lot has changed from when I ordered it, deciding if I'll keep it or not. I'll swing by the dealer this weekend to check it out.

15. 2 years to wait for a bike??

Bit like my gsxr build.

16. The detail and build quality is one if the things that steered me away from a Multistrada in early 2016. The MV Turismo Veloce Lusso had all the same bells and whistles, smaller engine (but what a peach) but significantly less weight. Handling was sublime. Regrettably let down by poor/cheap electrical components. Some persistent reoccurring ones and then three failures on one tour was the nail in the coffin. Not built for use in inclement weather IMHO, shame as a sports tourer rather than a sunny day plaything it was a fail by MV. Traded at a huge loss after 2 1/2 years and 18, 000 miles for a 1260 Mutley which has been great so far and has covered half that distance. Having said that it's at the dealer ATM having a slight oil leak fixed but otherwise all good.
    IMG_20170719_112502_998.jpg

#57 Bumpkin, Mar 13, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. The dealer will have the pipe on it and in the showroom tomorrow afternoon, I'll swing by on Sunday to take a good look at it. @Bumpkin Great picture BTW. From what I've heard they have gotten better from a relibility standpoint but we will see how that goes. A friend of mine in AUS has put a ton of miles on his Burtale and loves the thing, wont part with it.
    The thing that did surprise me was I stopped by the dealer a couple of weeks ago to ask if they had an ETA for delivery, they made a phone call and said the bike would be airfrighted as soon as it was ready. I figured that was BS but sure enought the dealer sent me a copy of the airfright docs from American Airlines and the thing showed up.
    Surprised was an understantment.

18. When I had my MV’s the dealer used to look at me like “what are you doing!?” when I’d take it in there for a service because I’d reach the recommended mileage before the recommended time. I think they expect owners to look at them and not ride them and when something goes wrong they are like “I dunno what’s wrong with it, most of our customers trailer the bikes to us for an annual oil change and MOT and then trailer it home, we’ve never had to actually fix one”
    I think MV pissed off a lot of owners with the RC limited editions that seems to go on forever, to be fair I think the Serie Oro ones are the only LE’s that seem to stick to their numbers? (Probably because they are so expensive?)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information